Freezing At FacePunch Load Screen At "Finished!"

Alright so I have just gotten Gmod as a gift from a friend last night. I was able to play just fine last night but when I launched the game today it freezes at this point here and I am forced to CTRL+ALT+Delete then sign out of my computer account as I cannot even access the task manager.

I have no subscribed workshop content and so far have only played on one server.

The server is that beyond dark rp server.

It force downloaded about 5mins of assets on me first time i joined but my friend says that is not the issue.

My computer specs are more than capable of running this game and many other high end games.

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM: 16.0GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating system. X64-based processor
NVidia GEForce Dont really remember which one but its high end and the computer is only 1-2 yrs old

Again, I literally JUST installed it yesterday and was able to play.

Have you tried, like, restarting your PC? I am pretty sure its either Awesoium.exe not launching ( try installing https://github.com/robotboy655/gmod-lua-menu ) or something. Try adding -window to launch parameters, maybe you are getting an error message that you cannot see.

do i need to run that program or something? or just have it in the files?

[editline]26th April 2015[/editline]

MASSIVE DERP LOL See I am on a computer that my little brother shares with me, so my parents put some app restrictions on it. I have admin passwords etc so it turns out that it wasnt allowing the awesoium exe LOL, thx man! also what does that program u told me bout do?

Forget about the link if you fixed it.