Frettabox

So easy to make it doesn’t deserve the release page! [plus it’s a WIP]

DISCLAIMER: This is a longer gamemode - this is not made for 15-minute gamemode Fretta servers.

I took Team Garry’s sandbox gamemode and converted it into a playable Fretta gamemode. I managed to avoid making any major changes; it hasn’t had too much testing beyond singleplayer, but it should work fine. The only changes I made were:

1. Limited physgun is now a variable near the top of the shared.lua (got spammed with errors with the original method).
  2. Players only spawn with phys/grav/toolgun and camera.
  3. There’s a time limit of 60 minutes right now (you can change it in the shared.lua). I would have put it at infinite, but I can’t figure out how.
  4. I removed the scoreboard, it just defaults to the fretta one (it spammed errors anyway).

For the pic-happy:

It really is fretta compatible…

Spawn menu.

A building! Oh my goodness!

:siren: 99% of this code is copypasta, so 99% of the credit goes to Team Garry. :siren:

Download here:
http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=74964

What I’m trying to do is mod Fretta so that you can play whatever games you want without being forced to switch gamemodes every 10 or so minutes; it allows for easy roundmaking and switching of gamemodes, so it’s a good base to build off of.

I understand that this isn’t for those who play Fretta to go from gamemode to gamemode as fast as they can. That’s not the point. I put this here for anyone who thinks along the same lines I do; if you don’t, don’t complain.

why port sandbox to fretta?

This is a bad idea. Nobody wants to play sandbox for an hour when they join to play quick 15 minute games.

I had a feeling this would come up.

What I’m trying to do is mod Fretta so that you can play whatever games you want without being forced to switch gamemodes every 10 or so minutes; it allows for easy roundmaking and switching of gamemodes, so it’s a good base to build off of.

I understand that this isn’t for those who play Fretta to go from gamemode to gamemode as fast as they can. That’s not the point.

No, that’s the point of fretta.

It may be what it was originally intended to do, but why can’t it do something else?

I dunno, maybe some communities might enjoy this. But the majority of people who play sandbox probably do so for periods of time longer than 15 minutes, which is why this would be a bad addition to any regular fretta server.

nice work, people are not understanding once u play your 15 minute games over and over u get tired… u cant change the time limit that i know off etc with this you can do wateva u want

The point of fretta was to be an easy-to-code gamemode base that allowed easy switching in-between gamemodes without extra fuss. (Restarting server, updating files, etc.)

The 15-minute gamemode thing was simply added by the community. Garry never actually SAID:

Hay guiz dis is 4 15 minut gaemz so go plai sum vidya gaemz < Bad spelling on purpose.

This is actually a nice idea. If you want to switch to sandbox for a while and take a break from fast-paced mini-games, this is nice because then an admin doesn’t need to change the server gamemode. Plus if everyone is tired of it after 20 minutes then people can just vote for a different gamemode.