Friendly Fire for Teams script

Dear readers,

I need some help at scripting [lua] for anti-friendly fire for teams.
So i have 2 teams: Allies and Axis. I want that Allies can’t kill there own team but can kill the Axis team.
And that Axis can’t kill there own team but can kill the Allies team.

I used this script but it doesn’t work:

local ANTI_TEAMKILL_TEAMS_TABLE = {
// Team 1
[ TEAM_ALLIES ] = 1;

// Team 2
[ TEAM_AXIS ] 	= 2;

Can someone help me?

Thank you :slight_smile:
Regards,

E-Servers

Is that script you posted incomplete? It just looks like a table to me.

[editline]14th August 2017[/editline]

But anyway, you’d check the teams of the two players in a

GM:PlayerShouldTakeDamage hook.

Whole script:

// Team 1
[ TEAM_ALLIES ] = 1;

// Team 2
[ TEAM_AXIS ] 	= 2;

//
// Perform the action that prevents team-damage between like-teams
//
hook.Add(“PlayerShouldTakeDamage”, “PlayerShouldTakeDamage:AvoidTeamDamage”, function( _victim, _attacker )
// Make sure both victim and attacker are valid entities and that they’re both player entities – The victim can be assumed a player because of the hook. We’re just calling it to remain uniform.
if ( IsValid( _victim ) && IsValid( _attacker ) && _victim:IsPlayer( ) && _attacker:IsPlayer( ) ) then
// If both victim and attacker team data matches, don’t allow damage. This is the ONLY test we need to perform.
if ( ANTI_TEAMKILL_TEAMS_TABLE[ _victim:Team( ) ] == ANTI_TEAMKILL_TEAMS_TABLE[ _attacker:Team( ) ] || _victim:Team( ) == TEAM_CITIZEN ) then
return false;
end
end
end );

That code looks fine, minus the fact that you are missing a close bracket for your table, it’s probably declared too early for the teams to be setup, and TEAM_CITIZEN is a bit of a dangling reference in your explanation. Also, you don’t need the IsValid() checks, nor the _victim player check since that is the guarantee of the hook implementation.

In the future, please use

tags and post errors along with your code.

So what would the code be? sorry im new.

// Team 1
[ TEAM_ALLIES ] = 1;

// Team 2
[ TEAM_AXIS ] = 2;}

hook.Add("PlayerShouldTakeDamage", "PlayerShouldTakeDamage:AvoidTeamDamage", function( _victim, _attacker )
if ( ANTI_TEAMKILL_TEAMS_TABLE[ _victim:Team( ) ] == ANTI_TEAMKILL_TEAMS_TABLE[ _attacker:Team( ) ] || _victim:Team( ) == TEAM_CITIZEN ) then
return false;
end
end );

Knowing me I have probably screwed up something. I’m sure you can fix it if I have done something wrong.

This should work perfectly.

hook.Add("PlayerShouldTakeDamage", "AntiTeamKill", function( victim, attacker )
if attacker:IsPlayer() and ( victim:Team() == attacker:Team() ) then -- Check if the attacker and victim is the same team
if ( victim:Team() == TEAM_AXIS or victim:Team() == TEAM_ALLIES ) then -- Check if the victim is one of the teams.
return false --- If they are, disable the damage.
end
end
end )