Fucking awesome game mode idea

One of my friends made this thing in gmod. Its a platform of boxes. The boxes are color coded to tell what level of stability it has. So the game starts and the goal is to stay on a box tell you fall to the bottom,trust me just the adv dupe was much much fun. I could play all day. My steam is modman2 tell me if you want to help. We need a mapper and some one who can code a game mode ! =D

A couple of my friends and I came up with this exact same idea a couple of days ago! Except we use the Breakable Props tool (from Conna’s Tools) and as the props get more damaged, they get darker and darker until they explode. It really is a lot of fun with a group.

Maybe we should team up and find coders and mappers since we both have a basic idea=D

So the boxes wobble? Do they change stability? Or do the players try to push each other? From what you describe I just see some players on boxes staying off the unstable ones.

No the boxes fall. At first you are on a flat platform witch is made up of boxes and the boxes have different gravity properties and must stand on one tell you fall to the bottom. If you are not on one and you fall to the ground you die and get to watch the people who are still on the boxes. If touch down still on a box you get a point=D

And what stops you from standing on the boxes? Wouldn’t this just be “stand on a low-gravity box, descend, repeat”

Well… the boxes Slowly fall while your standing on it its the simple. The idea is to find the box with the perfect gravity. The basic goal is not to die=D

So basically when the round starts you just find a box of the right gravity and stand on it? Wouldn’t you just learn the color of the perfect box and jump on it all the time?

Oh. In my version, there’s one person who shoots the boxes until they finally break (remember, I set their HP so they can take a beating) and the last person standing on the boxes wins. Oh, and godmode is on so the shooter wont accidentally kill anyone.

Sound better, but wouldn’t the shooter just shoot all the perfect gravity boxes?

Oh there are no gravity boxes. you just shoot them until they break. See the goal isn’t to win against the shooter, the goal is to be the last one on the boxes.

Sounds good.

Make this for fretta please.

The gravity randomly changes in every round

This sounds like a GMod party gamemode. Exactly like it.

There is some thing like this already?!?

This could be made in a map. I maybe try to map it when im back from school.

Hmmm… i was thinking that the boxes slowly turned darker untill they explode but that sound really cool.

Really that would be sick

Sounds fun. Map wouldn’t be so hard to make, but for the random gravity in each round with source SDK, i don’t think so.