Future game ideas

Seems like a good idea to make some suggestions for potential additions to the game. Would like to hear people’s thoughts on these
-Get rid of “modern” weapons. This one is floating around a ton, but I’ll put in my two cents as well; if there are going to be weapons that fire projectiles, chances are they will be very primitive. If we are to have any firearms, they should be basic shotguns and muskets.
-Ability to go prone. This one is also floating around, but I’ll add my reasoning: It should not be used for combat, but rather for newbies to hide from more experienced players, and on the other hand, giving players potential to get the drop on people. I don’t think it should have an effect on weapon use though
-Ability to “play dead,” another way for a newbie to potentially survive from hostile NPCs, though this one is debatable.
-Fishing as a new way to collect food (would require a fishing pole, with a crafting recipe of wood and cloth)
-Longer nights, with heavier spawns. Make the dark more fearsome; take risks for high rewards (loot)
-Hold less in the backpack, but allow a larger backpack to be crafted
-Make radiation more deadly, so that heavy rad zones cannot be explored without adequate protection. It seems to me that rad zones should be heavy, requiring heavier protection to get in.
-Make mountains more difficult to climb. This is more for realism if nothing else.
-Weather cycles (Rain, snow, sleet, hail. Could have some effect on the world, but at very least adds to realism) This will include extreme weather conditions, such as flooding (possibility of drowning,) thunder storms (chance of instant electrocution death, if not inside,) Tornado or hurricane (potential of property damage on lighter structures,) and maybe even asteroid falling from the sky, or rarer occurrence of several (severe damage outside and some damage to structures, but can be mined for very rare minerals, or high levels of metal, stone, or sulfur. Would be a VERY rare occurrence.)
-Biome zones (mountain, grassland, plains, and whatever else can fit onto the island within reason) With each having separate resources to be found (such as not finding wood as often in the mountains, but rocks spawn more heavily.)
-New weapon: landmines, would be a nice way to protect your house, but make sure to watch where you plant them. It would help to ward off would-be raiders.
-Make water and thirst a factor. Should be able to fill up a (crafted) canteen for on the go limited usage (before refill) and make some foods have an impact on thirst.
-Zombies (or whatever enemies will be in the final build) should be able to destroy inhabited structures, would make them a bigger threat, even if it is a slow process
-Limited character customization including height, hair style, hair color, skin color and dick size (lol)
-Be able to craft a compass (using metal fragments and wood) to make navigation easier (No map though, makes it a little too easy)
-Add a basic flare gun, that can be fired off to get the attention of people nearby, to use in emergency or to aid in finding someone from a distance
-Fireworks. Yes, it sounds like a dumb idea, but think about it, wouldn’t it be kinda cool to set off some fireworks in the night sky? Could also have the dual purpose of working like the flare gun idea
If I think of others, I will edit this post, but this is just a list of ideas I have come up with and decided to post, would love to hear your guys’ input, would prefer constructive feedback (“no” is not that good of a reason, “no, because…” is better.)
-Slingshot as a low-tech weapon, maybe something that you spawn with, using stones as ammunition. Would give a newbie a fighting chance over a rock. It would be severely low damage, and somewhat inaccurate, but with good enough aim and a little luck, it could be a lifesaver.
-Add fog: this could go with weather, but it would add severely lower view distance, and make it much more dangerous to travel outside, but for those willing to risk it, better chance to collect resources and good time for newbies to take a risk and make a shelter.
-Ability for swimming and diving: diving leading to underwater cave systems, or finding rare loot on the seabed.
-Also add in a SCUBA suit (craftable and equipped as clothing, giving no protection against anything except allowing for heightened underwater breathing, for deeper exploring, and for longer periods of time.)
-Some sort of “money” system; a currency that can be used as a viable payment for trades other than just bartering
-Also perhaps a “vendor” NPC that comes around at times for trading, only accepting the currency as payment, easy way to get loot not normally found in the wasteland, or simply stock up on food when you cannot find animals to kill.
-Some sort of paint or spray paint, to tag your properties, or be a dickhead and tag other people’s properties. This would help to find your building and not get confused with the hundreds of lookalikes.
-Support for a clan or faction system, allowing multiple people to use doors, and disallow friendly fire between clan members (tentative, if we want betrayal to be a factor, this wouldn’t work as well but that even is a great idea on its own as well.)
-Add a highway system that leads deeper into the island (maybe have it be heavily irradiated, being able to find loot along the highway, or whatever else, also dangerous spawns discouraging walking instead of driving.)
-Some sort of ability to grow food and other goods (such as tobacco or weed, who doesn’t want a weed farm? Could also craft a joint with weed and paper, would be a nice way to utilize a smoke effect and a wacky screen effect.)
Thanks for any input, guys! Also feel free to give your own input on ideas here!

Some cool ideas man, keep it up. Hopefully devs see this and consider it.

Thanks, man, really appreciate it.

What are your thoughts on the idea of rifles and scopes. My thoughts would be that the only scoped weapon you could get is a very small caliber rifle like a .22, .17, or 223

Rifles in general are just not a good idea, especially for newcomers. newcomers have it bad enough, but to pick them off from a distance would just make things more nasty. However, as far as scopes go, I can see a crossbow with a scope, like in Half-Life 2. It’s nice and balanced, long range, quiet, and all around awesome, could also open up opportunities for custom bolts (explosive tipped, fire tipped, and steel tipped, used to do extra damage to armor, using metal fragments instead of stone)

On the note of rifles… a .22 I can see working; low damage, but viable as a defense weapon. could have added zoom on iron sight, but a scope would make it a bit too powerful, in my opinion.

Add bullet drop to it and let it do less damage then the 9mm maby like 10% damage could balance it a bit. Even add a bit of sway to the gun it’s self so it won’t hit the same spot every time

Excellent idea with the bullet drop, as for damage, I think it would be best for it to depend on distance; the farther away, the less damage it does, with the dropoff on damage being around a certain point (since it would be silly that it would do absolutely no damage at a certain distance)

[editline]13th October 2013[/editline]

Not sure if this is against the rules, but I’ll bump this for more input. Sorry if I am breaking any rules, I have no intention to do so, I looked and nothing was mentioned about this. Regardless, I’ll just do it once.

Haha, guess they have countermeasures against that. Ah well.

I should also mention that .17 is not a bad idea, it’s a tiny thing, but there’s a lot of power behind it, would be nice to kill smaller animals, make it similar to craft like the 9mm, but not require the workbench to craft it, maybe.