Futuristic Soldiers Knock You on Your Ass, Look Imposing

Pretty generic again, but this is actually a frame from my latest comic and I thought it turned out nice, so decided to upload it alone. Again, just testing the in-game effects, and the only editing done in Photoshop is the vignette lens correction and border.

And yes, the guns look a little odd because they’re HUGE. Necessary for the comic though otherwise I would’ve gone with a smaller model haha.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/008/7/e/sci_fi_sas_looking_down_on_you_by_jdhackl-d36r57q.jpg

Interesting concept, I think it could have been executed better but meh, have an art :v:

I thought so too, so I hopped on Photoshop with it for 5 minutes and got this. Looks nicer, imo, but I could still do better I think. Oh well, I’ll leave it with this and actually continue making the comic haha.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/008/f/5/scifi_sas_looking_down_on_you2_by_jdhackl-d36rces.jpg

If by better you mean apply more filters, then no, you have to learn actual ways to make pictures better, because slapping filters on a picture is just cheap.

Try to keep away from filters, try taking your time :slight_smile: learn photoshop, I learn by goofin’ around on it.

Yeah I’ve learned a lot in Photoshop by screwin’ around, but I haven’t figured out a good way to manipulate lighting without filters, so I just stick with those for now. Probably should’ve done some dodge/burning and fiddled with the brightness/contrast/color levels a bit though, but I’ll leave it like that for now, at least until I finish the comic.

Leave photoshop alone until you can pose properly.

futuristic?

Pretty much this. Anyone who encourages him to use Photoshop at this point is a complete fucking moron.

:eng99:

I know how to pose alright, usually. Guess I didn’t do so well with this one, any pointers on to improve whatever’s off with the posing? Anyways, sorry if this screenshot didn’t turn out so hot, like I said I was just experimenting. My next one will be better anyways (hopefully), and I’ll stay away from filters. :wink:

I’d suggest not using such large guns.

I must say I do agree, try using these, if your going for futuristic.