G-Chat | Chat across multiple servers

See http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=817768 here for global chat.

Sweet!

bplaced.net Diese Seite ist leider nicht mehr verfügbar, Fehler 404. Sorry, this page is not available any more, error 404. - Impressum.

Edit:

Oh my god I am dumb because the webserver was offline.

He apparently hasn’t tested a thing and he already needs to fix a bug 1 minute after release.

Yes because we all know webhosting problems has to do with lua. :v:

Even if there is an error with the code, I usually don’t find small problems in my things even after long amounts of testing. Give him a break.

Maybe the webhosting is his too.

Obviously he had to fix a bug, took down the links so no one would download the buggy version and then never put it back up / never finished fixing it.

It isn’t a Bug, just a feature… I was stripping spaces out of names, but it will be fixed soon.

Why release it then if its not fixed?

Everthing works now! :smiley:

I like how anyone can disconnect the server from the network by running a single concommand.

This may be a stupid question, but is the module required only for the server? Or does each person have to download it? I’d assume it’s only required by the server, but you never know.

Only for the server.

Cbb to make admin checks for every dumb admin script out there.

Please excuse all that trouble, currently working on spam prevention (which is really needed).

For further information join #gchat at irc.gamesurge.net

Can you explain this more as in what we are supposed to put?

For the first one, put the name your server should be recognised as. Such as Gunivsserver01.
For the second one, pick a tag. Only server set up with that tag will be sent your GChat messages.

There’ll be a new version out shortly, he’s merging the newest batch of fixes I sent him. :3:

and socket dll goes in bin folder and the lua goes in autorun/server?

[editline]11:20AM[/editline]

Thanks man

Everything in the socket zip should go in lua/includes/modules.