Game crashes randomly when using mic

Hi there.

I have posted before, a few months back. in frustration i left Rust for about 1 - 2 months for this very reason.
Last night i thought, hey some new updates are out, things are looking good let me try. So i log in, join the local server here down in sunny South Africa.

Running around, the graphics look great, broke some barrels, got some items and now was the time to setup base. Found a decent location, out of the corner of my eye i see a naked man running towards me, penis in full swing rock in hand. He got pretty close then stopped. For a while we stood there, just two naked men, silence. Possibly my bow was intimidating, no match for the mini boulder he was carrying. I thought id introduce myself as a friendly.

As i pressed the current key for my voice, boom, game crashed, after i logged quickly that innocent naked man had bludgeoned me in the most violent heinous manner with his a rock, and (hopefully not the other rhyming word), looted my invisible backpack and made off doing jumps and cartwheels most likely. This was okay, a random crash, it happens. 45min later, after a full inviso-pack (backback) and another location, another crash, as i used my mic. well, lets say, the next, oh 3-4 hours, were infuriating as each and every time i used my mic, id crash, re-log and had been pwnd.

Now the issue wouldn’t be so bad if it were indeed random crashes, but don’t get me wrong, when there’s one to several naked men running toward you with a various array of weapons including bare penises, there’s no real time to quickly open up chat and type in “whoa cowboys i’m friendly and this aint no prison”

i logged off, furious, as the game is basically unplayable now. using a mic and communicating is key. I have taken various steps to try rectify the issue, as an I.T professional by trade i know my way around troubleshooting extremely well. different key bindings, deleting the game and re installing, re format windows ( yup the whole shebang ). As stated in my previous ignored post, a logitech headset works, no crash, a corsair headset works, no crash, as i use my steel series siberia v2, crash.

Alas, rust will be left to rust for a few more weeks, days, perhaps months, until somehow the bug is rectified.

well, although i appreciate the frustration, why don’t you use one of the 2 mics that do work since it seems to be compatibility related?

i would, however these are not the mic’s i own, these are ones i borrowed for testing purposes. i spent about R1200 ( that’s like 65 pounds ) on the steelseries

the feedback is outstanding. odd how a popular game does not have support nor feedback from a popular brand. so now the choice… keep a 20$ game or 100$ headset.

You should consider the scientific fact that you have a horrible voice that causes malfunctions in electrical equipment, please stay away from deaf people who wear hearing aids.

You should consider the scientific fact that even once your cross gender transformation is complete, you will now, and forever, still be a man inside. your dreams of being a real woman will never truly come into fruition.

You have very weird fantasies don’t you? Have you considered Psychiatric help, you should. Good Luck.

“You should consider the scientific fact that even once your cross gender transformation is complete, you will now, and forever, still be a man inside. your dreams of being a real woman will never truly come into fruition.”

how is this remotely a fantasy???

@zerozero: seems pretty specific, you’ve been thinking about this for a while now. do you love thor?:wink:

@op: i’m not sure what to suggest other than maybe putting down which corsair headset you are using, and any software it uses. obviously there is a compatability issue that hasn’t affected other headsets, but given time i’m sure they will sort it.