Game Crashing at different points

Hey Facepunch Forum

Don’t usually make posts or anything, but I have tried to play the new experimental Rust every time a new dev blog came around, and I have had issues. At first, around dev blog 20 or so, I was giving it a go, and it wouldn’t load up at all. About two or three devblogs later, I was actually able to completely launch the game, however the UI wouldn’t show up so I was unable to join the servers. The dev blog after that I tried again and was able to successfully enter a server because the UI was there, but it was running insanely slow so it was virtually unplayable. Around dev blog 26, I then gave it another go, and was able to enter a server, walk around with some relative ease, all be it with the lowest settings possible, and I even found a great wolf statue and killed a few afkers… For these last two dev blogs though, I have been able to get into the game after several attempts at launching it, then am able to start connecting to a server, then it comes to snapshots: (some number here); and then structures (or something like that I can’t remember) with a number multitudes higher than the snapshots number. After about 3 or 4 minutes of both these numbers slowly increasing, the game then just shuts down without a bug report or error. IDK if it has something to do with my PC specifically, or maybe the area in which I live in, because I know and I can see that there are a lot of people playing the now Default Branch.

My Computer specs are:

Processor: AD Phenom™ II X3 720 Processor 2.80 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 465
Windows 7

Its alright if it is my PC, I am getting a new one at the end of the year. I just wanted to bring up my experience if people have been having similar issues so that when I do get my new PC, the same issues don’t occur :slight_smile:

Thanks guys
DutyBoundDead