Game freezes during loading.

So here’s the deal, I just downgraded from Vista to XP since my Graphics card drivers don’t support vista. So I downloaded the drivers I needed, waited a grueling 6 hours for it to download, finally opened the game, I got past the guy holding the gravity gun(?) and then got to choose singleplayer. It starts to load the map, then everything else, but the second it gets to “Initializing game resources” it seems to freeze. I can’t do Ctrl+Alt+Del and end it through Task Manager, or anything. The mouse moves fine, and it vanishes when I hover over the loading bar thingy. The only way I can get out is by pressing the ESC button. Then the game just seems to vanish with no error. Ive done the -dxdiag 70, 80, and 81. and nothing seems to work.

Here are my specs:

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.53GHz
2.54 GHz
1.2 GB
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
GeForce2 MX/MX 400
DirectX version : 9.0

I know my graphics card is a pile of crap, but my very old one (Geforce mX 200) worked amazingly well.If anyone can find a solution, I would love them forever. Thank you.

How long do you wait? Its gonna be more than 30 seconds.

I waited around 10-20 min. Obviously after that I just said, screw it, it aint loading and pressed ESC and it magically appeared at my desktop.

Re-name your garrysmod folder, start up garrysmod. Then try.