Game freezes randomly and crashes entire computer

Hello,

I’ve been having a recent problem with rust and am not entirely sure what the exact nature of the issue is. I’ll breakdown the scenario and provide as many details as I can.

In the more recent past I have been able to play Rust for hours without any interruptions or hangups until recently where I am only able to play the game for approximately 20-30 minutes before the game will freeze completely and in turn make my computer unresponsive to the point that I need to do a hard reboot.

The only difference from where I had no issues to currently is that my internet connectivity speed is drastically less (DSL, yo) since the transition from cable to DSL I have been experiencing this issue.

Please let me know if you have experienced anything like this or have a possible cause/solution to my issue.

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Video: GTX 275
PSU: 750 Watt

Thanks!!!

Just curious but what OS do you run?
I’m running an old Q9450 OC to 2.9Ghz but stable but had to upgrade my GPU for Rust but still only running 4Gb of RAM.

Recently had major issue’s with Vista after the update so I’m now running Win7.

Have you tried normal video diagnostics, mem test etc. How are your temps doing? Tried running HW Monitor in the background? If your rocking a Q9550 I’m guessing everything else is a little old so when did you last clean everything out?

What setting’s are you playing on? Have you tried turning everything down in F2?