game freezes when someone spawns something

I used to play the game on a fairly crappy Toshiba laptop with 4 Gb of RAM and embedded graphics with a dual core processor and experienced this weird stuttering lag when someone spawns something. It got to the point where I was pissed off when someone would spawn a dupe and my game would lock up for minutes at a time.

I recently upgraded to an Asus laptop with (I call it an upgrade because I can play other games at sometimes full graphics settings with no lag or stutter) and I’m still getting this odd (and fucking annoying) stuttering. I don’t really know too much of what’s going on, and I don’t have too many addons. I mean literally all I’m using for addons is 10 (total) tools, WireMod, and ACF along with 2 model packs. It will lock up when I try to open the Material tool as well, and take forever to load the icons. I thought Garry fixed that problem with this update, but I’m still getting this problem. I have done a complete re-install of the game, and let it load all of the models but I still get that odd hang when someone spawns something.

This laptop’s specs
Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)
4 GB of RAM
Intel Core i7 Q740 @1.73ghz
NVidia Geforce GTX 460M (it says 1.5gb of RAM on the outside of it)
500GB HDD

Keep in mind I’m not too computer smart, I know basically what the components listed do but to an extent.

Specs are totally fine. Should run without a problem.
Are your drivers up to date?

u]Common driver websites
AMD/ATI
Nvidia
Intel

Other updates
Windows Update

I’ve updated the drivers for my GPU recently, and Windows did it’s automatic updates yesterday. I could try doing it again or rolling back(?)