Game hangs at 'Initializing Serverside'

I’ve noticed that lately my Garrysmod has not been able to start 9 times out of 10, I’ll start it up fine and everything works but when the loading bar reaches ‘Initializing Serverside’, the whole application just goes unresponsive without even an error popup, it is not an issue with my hardware, for sure, as I’ve been playing it fine up untill a few days ago.

Anybody have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Also, it occasionally works, but I have to try for large lengths of time to get it to work, what is wrong? I’ve done defrags, I verified the game cache…

Ok I really don’t know what to do at all but my suggestion would be reintall it

You could also check for any mods that aren’t installed properly or are faulty. Check if it happens only on some maps and not other or on some servers and not other as it might be to do with something the game needs but isn’t installed.

I have really no idea but just a few suggestion that might work. :slight_smile:

This sort of thing often happens with steam games. First, copy your steamapps folder to the desktop somewhere (so you don’t have to redownload your games). Then reinstall steam. put your steamapps backup back in there and it should work. If not, then just backup your gmod folder and uninstall gmod. Reinstall it with backup. IF that doesn’t work, I can’t help, sorry.

Try decreasing your resolution

Alright, uhm. I know I posted this about 2 weeks ago, but I never responded before now because it was working for a time! But, alas, it has stopped working with the same problem, yet again, I just did a ~Full~ reinstall of steam, and it’s still broked, any suggestions? Running it at a lower resolution does not help, either.