Game Load Crash

Heya :smiley:

I Installed RUST from/through Steam. Tried to run it (after i did the updates it made me do of course), and it went to the place where you select a server n stuff. I selected a US server. It got bout 10 mins into the loading till it hit “Terrain Textures”, stayed there a min, then gave me this report:
The game crashed.
The crash report folder named “2015-04-09_(didnt write down this one so it was some numbers idk here)” next to game executable.

Tried again. Same issue.
The game crashed.
The crash report folder named “2015-04-09_111852” next to game executable.

So i went round the forum a bit here and saw someone with a similar issue. It was suggested he/she update their graphics drivers.
Figured id have the same reason for the issue so i went and updated mine today. Turns out they were pretty out of date…
Got that done tho and restarted the pc n everything.

Tried again…
Same place. Same error message.
The game crashed.
The crash report folder named “2015-04-09_142004” next to game executable.

Havent got to play the game even once so this isnt on a those issues lol

Whats the issue??

Someone else’s reported freezing at Loading Textures as well. Post those crash logs and maybe we’ll be able to tell.

Go into your Steam folder, and then into steamapps\common\Rust\2015-04-09_142004

Open the .log files, and copy and paste the text into them on pastebin.com and link the pastebin file here instead of pasting the log directly into this thread.

man i hate soundin like a noob and im usually good at findin this kinda shit but,
where the hell is the Steam folder? lol cant find it anywhere but my Start Menu and it didnt show the “steamapps” there soo

Right-click on the Steam icon and hit properties, and then click “Show file location”. A window will open up in your Steam folder. The default location is C:\Program Files\Steam\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\ if you’re running a 64-bit version of Vista.

Hope i did that right. Thanks a lot for the quick replies btw! very appreciated!
And nah im a 32 bit

[editline]9th April 2015[/editline]

want me to do that for the other two crash logs too?

Go ahead and upload the other crash logs to pastebin and link them, but you did great, that’s what I was looking for. Now’s the time where I let you know that I’m not a dev and I don’t know how to decipher the crash logs aside from a couple potential trouble spots that are really obvious and up-front, and I don’t see any of those jumping out at me in your log so I can’t help directly. However, these logs are for the devs, anyway, and I’ve saved them the time of having to ask you to post them.

Now, I’d like you to give me a bit of information about your computer’s specifications, because it could be something with your machine. However, to make it easy, I’d like to ask you to download this utility called Speccy. All it does is gather your system specs from the various places the info’s tucked away on your computer and display it in an accessible and convenient matter automatically–saves you a lot of work learning how to track down what your driver versions are and so on.

Open up Speccy, after downloading and running it, and let it fill in the overview page that covers your whole system. After you’ve done that, hold Alt and hit Print Screen. Alt+Print Screen is a screenshot function that only captures the active window – in this case, Speccy. I don’t want to see the rest of your desktop, I don’t care about it.

Then, without closing Speccy, open up imgur.com in a new browser tab and hit ctrl+V on your keyboard to upload the screenshot to Imgur. Then link the image in this thread with image tags (click on the picture icon in the post box and paste the URL). Don’t submit the post yet, though, just link the picture.

Note: If you want to be able to delete the images later, either register for a free account before uploading, or keep the deletion URL you get from the anonymous upload if you don’t register. The images will eventually expire and be purged, but this could be a year or longer, in practice. However, all it is is your computer’s hardware specs, it’s no personal info, so it’s not a huge deal. I just wanted you to be aware that I’m giving you instructions that will have you upload images to the Internet that will stay accessible semi-permanently.

At this point, you should have a Speccy screenshot of your computer’s overall specs in a post box here. Go back to Speccy and click on the Graphics tab on the left and scroll down to the bottom of the right-hand box. Alt+Print Screen again, and paste it to Imgur again, and then link the uploaded image here.

The post box should now have the two Speccy screenshots, one with your overview, and the other with details on your graphics card. Submit that post, please.

Thank you for your cooperation, too.

UGH hang on gotta redo everything i just typed cuz a freakin hang up

Just a lil tip to those who are reading this thread and downloading the Speccy thing.
Dont download it from FileHippo. Tried to give me malware.
Do it from Piriform. Just make sure you watch carefully for anything it tries to add with the download such as the PC Cleaner crap.

The first crash log i sent you was my last one, the 3rd one. “142004”.

http://pastebin.com/ZvP4Uyz7 The 2nd crash. This is the “111852” one.
http://pastebin.com/wwbfU80S The 1st crash. This is the “110808” one.

Having issues trying to get that image link for you. Which is where i lost all my progress here last time so ima fool with that n post it seperate.

http://i.imgur.com/E2bMM1P.png?1 AHA! theres the pic link. Overview of the system.

http://i.imgur.com/M6ASKSb.png Graphics Specs.

I have the same problem, crashing at terrain textures.

Tried the terrain.pvt false trick, didn’t work.

Latest Drivers, reinstalled the client, still no luck.

Pastebin errorlog here here.

I’m on a shitty work computer hence the low specs

lol i hear you on that shitty computer part. Mines shitty cuz its old tho lol poor thing tries so hard xD

I’m guessing it’s probably the GPU that can’t render the textures correctly, or lack of memory, in my case.

I’m going to try on a 2 year old lap top in about an hour and see if that works.

NOCTACHAKIBA, I’m sorry to say that your machine fails to meet the minimum specifications for Rust, and that’s probably why it’s crashing. You have 3GB of RAM, and the minimum listed on the Steam Store is 4GB. At the moment, practically speaking, the game doesn’t run very well unless you have 8GB but that’s an optimization issue.

Your video card is also not even suitable for 3D gaming. It’ll display your desktop and play video just fine, but it’s not suited for gaming at all.

There could be other problems (like bugs in the game) that are involved, but your computer just can’t run Rust.

thats understandable. Ive ran into this issue more than once on different games. agh. i really need a new computer…
Thanks though im glad to know what the issue is :slight_smile:

mac client. This morning’s update.
With some servers, client crashes or hangs at “Receiving Data”
well specifically the rustpublic.net:28016 server, other servers seem fine.

wtf.

After doing the install/reinstall, reboot shuffle something interesting shows up in t

Apr 11 17:37:05 ckn-mbp.some.lan Steam Helper[814]: Internals of CFAllocator not known; out-of-memory failures via CFAllocator will not result in termination. http://crbug.com/45650
Apr 11 17:37:10 ckn-mbp.some.lan Steam Helper[818]: Internals of CFAllocator not known; out-of-memory failures via CFAllocator will not result in termination. http://crbug.com/45650
Apr 11 17:37:30 ckn-mbp.some.lan rust[821]: *** WARNING: Method selectRow:byExtendingSelection: in class ScreenSelectorTableView is deprecated. It will be removed in a future release and should no longer be used.
Apr 11 17:37:35 ckn-mbp.some.lan rust[821]: WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.3 instead of 10.10.3. Use NSProcessInfo’s operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number.
Call location:
Apr 11 17:37:35 ckn-mbp.some.lan rust[821]: 0 CarbonCore 0x00007fff847562b7 ___Gestalt_SystemVersion_block_invoke + 113
Apr 11 17:37:35 ckn-mbp.some.lan rust[821]: 1 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff8e004c13 _dispatch_client_callout + 8
Apr 11 17:37:35 ckn-mbp.some.lan rust[821]: 2 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff8e004b26 dispatch_once_f + 117
Apr 11 17:37:35 ckn-mbp.some.lan rust[821]: 3 CarbonCore 0x00007fff846df456 _Gestalt_SystemVersion + 987
Apr 11 17:37:35 ckn-mbp.some.lan rust[821]: 4 CarbonCore 0x00007fff846de6e3 Gestalt + 144
Apr 11 17:37:35 ckn-mbp.some.lan rust[821]: 5 rust 0x00000001008aef7f _ZN12GraphicsCaps18DetectDriverBugsGLEi + 95
Apr 11 17:37:35 ckn-mbp.some.lan rust[821]: 6 rust 0x00000001008aebd0 _ZN12GraphicsCaps6InitGLEv + 5936
Apr 11 17:38:39 ckn-mbp com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.ReportCrash[830]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.ReportCrash
Apr 11 17:38:40 ckn-mbp.some.lan ReportCrash[830]: Saved crash report for rust[821] version Unity Player version 5.0.0p2 (5.0.0p2) to /Users/ckn/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/rust_2015-04-11-173840_ckn-mbp.crash
Apr 11 17:38:41 ckn-mbp com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (unity.Facepunch Studios LTD.Rust.87788[821]): Service exited due to signal: Illegal instruction: 4

and the unity log shows this hundreds of times before the client exits (just one iterations posted for posterity)

Failed to generate dynamic font texture, because all the needed characters do not fit onto a single texture. Try using less text or a smaller font size.

(Filename: Line: 520)

Receiving unhandled NULL exception
Obtained 8 stack frames.
Obtained 8 stack frames.
Obtained 8 stack frames.
Obtained 8 stack frames.
Obtained 8 stack frames.