Game so slow and suggestion

I am using a Mac OSX Yoshimite and the game is really laggy. I am even running it on the fastest setting. Is there any way to fix this?

Also, I think it would be very nice if it was possible to choose your own gender and maybe have some extra customization options, like eyes, height, weight, etc.

[editline]15th April 2016[/editline]

Like, I can’t even get the chance to collect wood because bears go after me and the lag makes it so I can’t run. So, I die before I can do anything.

What’s your specs?

1. Get a PC if your going to play games (For rust, get a good one)

2. Your not god, you don’t get to choose.

What do you mean by specs? This is what my computer is.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Is this a serious post?

That’s your problem, get a real computer.

For rust you’ll need a fairly good PC, not Mac, PC and it will need to have a good dedicated graphics card. Onboard graphics just don’t cut it with modern 3D games these days unless they have potato graphics.

Also Garry and the team have decided they’re not giving us a choice in the appearance of our characters, nothing you say will change their minds, so we need to respect their decision. If this is a problem you can of course stop playing rust.

Actually, Rust can run just fine on a Mac, but only on a Mac with a discrete graphics card. Rust will run like total garbage if you try and make it run on an Intel Iris Graphics chip which is designed to draw your desktop and play movies but not run graphic-intensive 3D games. So, aside from outdated “buy a PC for gaming” memes, the people in this thread are right.

And, it’d be nice to have customization options, but in Rust your Steam ID determines your character’s traits and that’s it. It’s a deliberate design decision by the devs.