Game stuck on "Receiving Data"

So the first part of the game loads and I can pick a server, and then the second part comes in. I get all the way up to “Receiving Data” and then it stops and crashes. I checked the steam forums and it’s happening to other people as well. This is happening so far from what I can tell on the MAC client. No I don’t want to hear “switch to a PC” comments. I would appreciate it if a Dev would take a look at the issue and push out a patch so it’s corrected.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Now my Mac was running this game just fine before that last patch/hotfix that was pushed out. Is there anyone that might know what is wrong or why it keeps crashing at Receiving Data?

I too just started having the same problems, but only on facepunch servers. I am running a similar setup to Caitlyn and would love to jump back to playing.

Does anyone know if they are going to fix this issue? Or are they just going to keep taking Mac users money and not fix game breaking issues like this?

From what I’m told by some players on our server who are also on Mac and have exactly the same symptoms as you, it happens when you try to load in an area where there are signs. The only way to fix it seems to be to get someone to kill you.

i’ve tried this, and it sometimes works but most of the time it doesn’t. Do you know if they have a fix coming? Or is there any way I can get my money back?

I’m having the same issues, also on a macbook pro retina. Sent some crash reports to Garry last night and he’s been working on some crash issues today, so hopefully we’ll see some more stability with this weeks update.