I had an Idea yesterday about a Gmod gamemode. Something I like to call; “PaperWeight”
READ THIS: I AM NOT AN LUA SCRIPTER OF ANY SORT THIS IS MERELY FOR IDEA-MAKING AND/OR INSPIRATION
PLEASE GIVE CREDIT FOR IDEA IF YOU USE/TWEAK THIS
PaperWeight basically works like this;
– Everything except players are on somewhat of a 2-D field below the player, but at the same time colliding with the player.
– The objects/vehicles/etc have normal colliding but are still 2d on the ground
– As of yet, there is no REAL point to the gamemode. But the base of it is the idea (mostly).
– Weapons would be 2-D until picked up, then they would be brought into the third dimension to the player.
– Vehicles would work much like weapons except they stay in 2-D when players use them they appear to float.
– When props/vehicles break or explode they create 3-d explosions (if they explode) and simply tear on the 2-D surface.
– Things such as cubes or boxes would still work the same way they already do, however they are only visible on this 2-D plane. otherwise you collide with it as if it were 3-d and in front of you.
– Looking at the floor would be much like looking at a map perfectly top-down. Everything would have a 2-D feel to it.
– Although I don’t know if anyone will even read this, I hope that it will inspire ideas, or at the very least inspire a relative idea.
AGAIN THIS IS JUST AN IDEA, PLUS IN HINDSIGHT I’M STARTING TO REGRET MAKING MY IDEA PUBLIC, BUT I THOUGHT WHAT THE HAY.
Will update as idea becomes more and more clear.