Gamemode shows as "Base Gamemode"

Hi!

I’m making a gamemode and its going great. The only problem is that when I load the gamemode on a dedicated server, it shows as “Base Gamemode” in the server browser.

Any Ideas?

you are either entering the gamemode wrong on the DS or there is a bug in your code.

Hey, welcome to FacePunch.
I have written over 400 tutorials and completed “systems” in Lua for Garry’s Mod. I tutor and answer questions for free; feel free to add me on Steam if you need some guidance. This forum is for devs that need help working on things. Here are some resources to help you get started:

Generalized Lua Help ( Links to Wikis, Answers the question of “Where do I post a simple question or DarkRP Specific question”, links to other resources compiled by forum members )
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26074909/tutoring/___welcome_docs/_welcome_general_lua_learning.lua.html

Useful Programs ( SteamCMD, Autosizer, Desktops, Process Explorer ) and Notepad++ Upgrades
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26074909/tutoring/___welcome_docs/_welcome_useful_programs_and_notepadpp_upgrades.lua.html

Acecool Dev Base Skeletonized Base Game-Mode ( Never worry about Include or AddCSLuaFile ever again; comes with New Hooks, Console Commands, Meta-Table Objects, Helper Functions, Extended Functionality, and more! )
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26074909/tutoring/___welcome_docs/_welcome_acecooldev_base_gamemode_info.lua.html

Take a look at my Dev Base Gamemode. Read the documentation on how to make the game-mode your own. It covers everything needed to set up a game-mode in your name. If you like, you can also use my developer base to build your game-mode with ( as long as it is either released publicly or kept private ). It essentially allows you to forget ever needing to use include / AddCSLuaFile ever again. The autoloader takes care of loading files. Also when you add a new file, you only need to type loadgm into the console ( and save it once to ensure proper syncing, when I resolve why that is needed I’ll add a fix for it ).

All file includes are managed based on the directory name, file name as last resort. It is set up for the best possible loading sequence: ( SHARED, CLIENT/SERVER, ADDONS, CONTENT ).

Some folders are fixed such as ( which are the default folders; these can be changed in the sh_init.lua although they don’t need to be ):
gamemodes/<gm_name>/gamemode/client/
gamemodes/<gm_name>/gamemode/shared/
gamemodes/<gm_name>/gamemode/server/
gamemodes/<gm_name>/gamemode/content/
gamemodes/<gm_name>/gamemode/addons/

It also supports unlimited nested folders, and in any directory you can add another special directory ( client/shared/server/maps ) which adjust the realm that files within that directory will load as. “maps” directories are special in another way. Instead of loading files right away, they load their files on InitPostEntity ( so if you spawn any entities on the map, the EntIndex’s won’t shift so the hash-map system I provide will work properly [ it is so you can properly identify entities on the map such as doors without needing to network a ton of data and the Map Creation ID to each player each time they join ] ) and also OnReloaded for auto-refresh.

I also provide hooks that provide new functionality, meta-table objects, and much more. My networking system will be uploaded very soon with the data system ( networking will get that much easier in addition to linking data to clients when they need it such as vehicle data when they’re driving, unlink on exit such as fuel, battery, etc… ). There are helper-functions, developer tools and more.

You are turning into a spam bot…

I’d rather use as much code written by myself thanks.

Acecool do you really have to spam your gamemode base at every possible opportunity

e: mindfulhacker, are you missing a proper gmfolder/gmfolder.txt?

Regardless if you think he is spamming, it’s still more help than your providing them so don’t bother.