GamemodeError(DifferentHooks): No Gamemode!

Hi, a few people have recently been having problems connecting to servers.

One of my friends had this problem the other day and I told him to wipe his GMod, it didn’t fix it. I figured it was just his computer, whatever, shit happens.

Next day, happened to me on my development server, what the fuck? I figured, maybe it’s just the server.

Today, Albert has the same problem connecting to my RP server, I have a feeling it’s something with the new update.

Any ideas?

Here is what he sees.

11:46 AM - Albert Wesker: GamemodeError(RenderScreenspaceEffects): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(PostRenderVGUI): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Think): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Tick): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(DrawMonitors): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(RenderScreenspaceEffects): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(PostRenderVGUI): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Think): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Tick): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(DrawMonitors): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(RenderScreenspaceEffects): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(PostRenderVGUI): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Think): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(DrawMonitors): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(RenderScreenspaceEffects): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(PostRenderVGUI): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Think): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Tick): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(DrawMonitors): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(RenderScreenspaceEffects): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(PostRenderVGUI): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Think): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Tick): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(DrawMonitors): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(RenderScreenspaceEffects): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(PostRenderVGUI): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Think): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Tick): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(DrawMonitors): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(RenderScreenspaceEffects): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(PostRenderVGUI): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Think): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Tick): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(DrawMonitors): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(RenderScreenspaceEffects): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(PostRenderVGUI): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Think): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Tick): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(DrawMonitors): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(RenderScreenspaceEffects): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(PostRenderVGUI): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Think): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Tick): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(DrawMonitors): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(RenderScreenspaceEffects): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(PostRenderVGUI): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Think): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Tick):
11:46 AM - Albert Wesker: Spaming the shit outa it
11:47 AM - Albert Wesker: And it has this at the bottom
11:47 AM - Albert Wesker: GamemodeError(DrawMonitors): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(RenderScreenspaceEffects): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(PostRenderVGUI): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Think): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Tick): No Gamemode!

Looks like it’s not executing the gamemode correctly, did you add fastdl?

It’s not loading the gamemode…what the Christ?

Nofear, did you even read the above?

It happens on EVERY server for Albert.

He just wiped his GMod and it’s happening now.

Bump. This is happening to most of the people in my server as well.

It happened to me last night when I connected to yours Extazy.

I’ve got a theory it is when you first join a game and download the dua cache, must be a problem with how it is downloaded now.

Does anyone want to help? This is a huge issue, and probably would effect every player if Drew’s theory is right

Delete the dua cache and make the server regenerate it?

I have this issue aswelll…

this is happening to me too…

[editline]12:08AM[/editline]

Garry should check this out.

While gmod is not open, Delete gamemodes/base in your gmod folder let it load a fresh copy.

I solved this by disabling script enforcer (sv_scriptenforcer 0). Everything works fine.

Aye, but we can’t do that on my server, that would let hackers prevail without even trying. :frowning:

Didnt work for me man :open_mouth:

[editline]09:17AM[/editline]

It seems like now the only way to fix is to disable script enforcer

This is happening on our server now (SLA).

DIsabled script enfocer, and now it says something about the datastream. Great.

Edit

Disabled script enforcer.
Disabled downloadurl

It is still broken…

Can someone please help us fix this issue?
We have two TTT servers, and the second works. But the first one is buggy, as Colonel_Black says.

Delete the server folder and re-download it. If it still doesn’t download, follows these steps:

  1. Verify that the .dua cache file is being generated on the server in the cache/ folder.
  2. Verify that the client is downloading the .dua cache file from the server into the client’s cache/ folder. This means turn on sv_allowdownload or make sure the cache file is copied into your fastdownload.
  3. Run dump_luafiles on both the server and client to verify the files are there.
  4. Check the cache/ folder on the server for a .txt file, which may signify there was an error creating the datapack.

Im also having this problem.

Then follow the instructions I posted.

Either it is me who are doing something wrong, or it does not work. I tried your instructions, and no txt file appeared.