Garry's Mod 10 free or with 50% of discount for Garry's Mod 9 users.

(NOTE: this idea came to me when i was upset that G-Mod 9 is now obsolete because of the Orange Box Engine updates in Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source and more recently, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch.)

It would be great that Garry’s Mod 10 would be free (or at least with a 50% of discount) to all of the G-Mod 9 users that cannot play it anymore because of all of the Orange Box updates.

Why? It’s a free game that’s no longer supported, there’s no reason to give you a discount because you chose not to pay for the new version.

It’s only $10 you cheap-ass

His parents mustn’t want to give him that much money.

Because GMod9 is still free to download and still abundant on P2P websites, technically everyone could get the discount, costing Garry tons of money.

People still play Gmod 9?

And besides GMod9 was obsolete when GMod was released on Steam, have you been living under a rock for the past 4 years

Its been like 4 years since Gmod 10, just buy the game and get over it.

let me think-- No.

I have the money to buy Garry’s Mod 10, its just that i don’t a mod should be bought if it was free before.
(Yes, i know i should buy Garry’s Mod 10, and also i will get it for my birthday so stop saying that i should buy GMod 10.)

[editline]08:36PM[/editline]

Also i’m saying this because the Orange Box Engine updates were forcing everyone to buy Garry’s Mod 10 (plus that was Garry and VALVe’s evil plan.)

How where they forcing you to buy Garry’s Mod? With engine updates? WTF?

Considering the recent Mac release reduced it by 50%, you have no reason to not have it.

yeah you’re right I mean you invested so much in gmod 9, why should you have to pay to support garry again!

I do not know what the OP is talking about, Garrys Mod 9 still works and I have had it installed for 3 years, but I own Gmod10 now since I support the developers of the mods I play.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6958/gmod9.png

Well, if they did have an evil plan, OP thinks they would want to go all like, “Oh, he discovered our evil plan. Damn, looks like we have to make the game free now.”

Dude you do understand that you can gmod 9 virtually anywhere, and even if it was introduced it wouldn’t be that special.

Can’t you give 10 easy dollars to garry?

[editline]08:54AM[/editline]

I can’t get mine working, what’s wrong.

How did…?, i mean how…? How did you make it work if Garry’s Mod 9 runs on the same source engine Half-Life 2: Deathmatch ran?.

[editline]08:57AM[/editline]

I got an idea, what if instead of giving gmod 10 free to all gmod 9 users they just give people an achievement or something like that.

Oh boo hoo, either buy it or stop whining. Garry’s Mod (GMod 9 != Garry’s Mod (as in GMod 10)) was never free, and never will be.

Garry’s Mod 10 isn’t a mod, it just has mod in the name.

Counter-Strike, Day Of Defeat, Team Fortress, those where all free mods like Gmod and they all were bought by Valve, the moment Valve bought them they became full games.

This, now everyone stop with the “GMod9 is free, the full game should be as well” bollocks.