Garry's Mod 10[How To Get Back][Source Mod]

*[If I put this thread in the wrong place, please move it somewhere else] *
Original Tutorial by my friend Osamu : http://gamebanana.com/tuts/12151
This is how to get Garry’s Mod 10 back.
**NOTE:**THIS IS LEGAL, YOU NEED THE RETAIL VERSION OF GARRY’S MOD
AND (MAYBE) HALF-LIFE 2, IT WILL NOT START IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RETAIL VERSION.
THIS IS A LEGIT OLD VERSION OF GARRY’s MOD(Video Demonstration Below after Text version of the tutorial)

Requirements:
Garry’s Mod 13
[Maybe Half-Life 2]

*Step 1: *
Download the Source Mod version of garry’s mod 10.
Download: https://mega.nz/#!f5gmwapC!-9N_-ojHVit18e-JyvYOT8tlTh6ShT8-wtE2PZXKe3Y
Additional Instructions inside the download.

Step 2:
Open the ZIP/RAR File with any file extractor.

Step 3:
3. Locate your sourcemods folder. It’s usually located here if your using windows. -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods

Step 4:
4. Extract the “garrysmod10” folder from the zip/rar file into the sourcemods folder, and restart steam.

Step 5:
5. After that you should see in your library -> “Gmod 10 2007 Engine”

Step 6:
6. Then press the Play button, If it asks you to install “Source SDK 2006” or “Source SDK 2007”, let it install because this allows you
to play Half-Life 2 mods(including this)
Note: THIS DOESN’T COME WITH ANY MODS/ADDONS OR CSS TEXTURES, ETC. YOU CAN PUT THEM IN THE GAME IF YOU WANT, IT’S SELF EXPLANATORY

Video Demonstration w/ Some gameplay:
Reminder: You do need Garry’s Mod 13! If you don’t it will say when starting up the mod that your not subscribed to the game, “not subscribed” meaning you haven’t
bought it.

Questions:
Is this legal.
A: Yes.

Is this actual garry’s mod 10?
A: Yes

Is this safe with no virus?
A: Yes, I personally checked it my self, my friends also helped me out checking if the game was safe. 100% safe.

and Yes, there is multiplayer but there is no servers. You can play with friends with hamachi etc.
or if someone hosts a server.

How do i change my name in game?
A: Settings/Options or
open the console and type “name (anyname)”
with out quotes.

Is there a way to port current lua scripting engine into this?

that’s not how computers works, you can try to make a wrapper … or download old addons from garrysmods.org

Would be nice to have a benchmark tho.

boy howdy would i love to see you in court representing yourself

[editline]20th September 2016[/editline]

i mean nevermind all of the third parties involved with the source engine’s sound system, i kinda doubt you have any sort of permission from garry or anyone at facepunch to redistribute a copyrighted work, no matter how functional or nonfunctional it will be if you don’t have a different version of the same piece of software.

Even if it’s a version that isn’t sold anymore, I’m pretty sure this is warez.

If this doesn’t require a crack and could be played only with steam, then what’s the problem?

It’d be nice if we could get a mod to weigh in on this.

Garry is fine with this.

mhm. I can’t believe a mod had to come to approve everything even though its fine.

I mean, legally, it’s still one of the greyest areas around, so it’s not like anyone really knows if this is technically legal or not

Garry’s good with it though so it’s whatever

Well, that depends entirely on what you think is the ‘Lua scripting engine’. If you are going by the technical definition, then yes, you can. I have previously made a module with a similar goal in mind (shove LuaJIT into garrysmod). If you are referring to the various bindings that have been added to garrysmod over the years, then no. You could maybe add half of the new features back with a module, but there are some things that simply require code support from the client and server dlls (or extensive reverse engineering).

So call me a dumbass, but I’ve been out of it. What about this is different? What’s so different between 10 and 13 that would even give you anything, aside from arguments of legality?

It gives new players the opportunity to experience reliable snaphsot overflow.

Still waiting for a GM12 mod since GM13 broke all of my addons!

Why people want old Garry’s Mod? It’s has more errors. For these old memories? Just bring back toybox lolz

I use this because Garry’s Mod 13’s fps is so low on my computer, usually around 5-10 fps. This runs 60 fps and above at all times. Thanks!

You’re triggering some PTSD back in my build server running days. Pls.

I remember trying to pose some sort of dramatic execution scene. About halfway in, everything started disappearing. I checked the console.

“Reliable snapshot overflow?” I asked myself.

And then it crashed, and I threw thirty minutes of my time down the toilet.

RIP me.

1. nostalgia
  2. spacebuild works properly on older gmods but is terminally fucked in 13 due to engine changes
  3. the above also applies to lmaollama basewars
  4. running old addons that were never properly ported (ie pcmod)
  5. fps is way higher