Garry's Mod Crash on Mapchange

I can join any server, and load just fine, but when a map changes or I join another server, I get the same old crash.

May help please be provided?

Bumping, I really do need support. This is a pain in the ass when doing gamemodes like TTT or Zombie Survival.

You could always start by posting the error message you get along with your PC specs, also check the event viewer for your last game crash.

System Information

Time of this report: 2/14/2011, 13:0a5:08
Machine name: SLARTY
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.101014-0432)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/11/09 16:37:40 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 9206MB RAM
Page File: 3124MB used, 15477MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

I have no clue how to get an error message I get, it just randomly closes when I crash from the server change/mapchange

Bumping, fresh GMod install, tis still acting like a bitch.

Update your Graphics Drivers, check the event viewer next time it crashes.

Faulting application hl2.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4d094ebe, faulting module datacache.dll, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4d11001c, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000052a6, process id 0x1de4, application start time 0x01cbd294b064c550.

That is the error I get on GMod’s crashing.

All drivers are up to date.

Bumping, STILL a problem.

Bumping yet again. This is an absolute hairpuller on Fretta, plus the mapchange crash frequency rate is increasing to the point where it’s guaranteed a crash on mapchange.

Which graphics card do you have?

GeForce GTX 260. Updated 2011.01.18

Are other games going strong?

Trying to find out if it’s your garry’s mod or if it’s your computer.

All games except GMod are going strong and predictable crash free.

What kind of gamemodes are on the servers? Are you changing from like a Spacebuild Server to a Sandbox Server or what?

Or does this happen every time, all the time, till the end of times?

All day erryday. The only thing that doesn’t crash me is Sandbox to Sandbox.

Verify game cache, defrag garry’s mod and see if it does any good

Both of those have been done, nothing’s fixed.

-snip-

I assume you disconnect from the first server before connecting to another. It might be something Vista related(?)

If I both disconnect or directly connect to another server, it gave me the exact same crash. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Vista, going to try upgrading to Win7 in a while and see if that works wonders.