Garry's Mod Crash on Startup

Here’s my profile link so you know my GMOD is legit: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SaltyOdin
A while ago I installed Steam to my WD external hard drive (with GMOD) and left it there for about a month. I recently found a mod I wanted to try so I decided I might as well play Gmod again. I installed the mod and started Gmod, and it froze on startup. I figured this was because I had installed the Steam client to my HD but moved it to an external one. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it onto the external, and started up Gmod with no addons (clean install) and I had a copy of HL2 Deathmatch installed as well. Same result. I tried using hl2.exe to start it and it told me I had no “gameinfo.txt” in my garrysmod/garrysmod folder. Per advice of another forum user, I deleted the second garrysmod folder and started the game. Same result again. I then tried startup commands such as -dxlevel 81 and -dxlevel 9 but still the same result. Basically what happens is that the game goes to the loading screen and it freezes right there. I have kept the task manager open while running it…It appears that the game opens up fine but freezes as soon as it starts loading. I have a legal copy of GMOD, I have tried verifying the game cache, I have tried dxlevel commands, I have tried steam and gmod reinstalls, nothing.

Also, here are my Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
CPU: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo E8135
Penryn 45nm Technology
RAM: 2 gb Dual Channel DDR3 @ 530MHz
Motherboard: Apple Inc F2218EA9 (U2E1)
Graphics: Geforce 9400 256 mb

Can anyone help me?

bump

Maybe try playing it on your Local HD? Although you probably don’t have enough space hence why you have an External. But if you can, move some things from your local to the external to make space for Garry’s Mod and see if it works.

I moved it back and it didn’t work…but then Steam updated and I restarted my computer and now it works with no problems. :\ weird

Well I’m glad your issue is resolved. I hate it when stuff like that happens :-/