Garry's Mod Download Manager

Hello guys. I have a great idea, and I’m shocked this hasn’t already been done. I believe that it would be a great addition to Garry’s mod to have a fully integrated addon manager that would allow players to download addons directly through garrys mod, thus eliminating the process of downloading then extracting, then placing the download into its designated folder… Some suggested features of this manager should be:

/To that automatically updates addons.
/Eliminate the long process of downloading and installing addons by extracting and placing downloads into correct folders.
/Allow the user to download all addons used in a server.

Now, I know that this isn’t an easy task but the Garry’s mod community is massive, and we have many talented people who can easily create this. Please consider this feature.

Sounds like a great idea to me although this has most likely already been thought up, just not executed. It would be better if Garry himself did it.

As far as I know, the new “toybox” stuff that garry is working on includes addon downloads in game. So, it may come sooner than you think.

Probably has, and regardless it is a necessary addition, that would greatly improve the process of adding items to gmod. Your probably right that it would be better if Garry did it, yet there is nothing holding the garry’s mod community from doing this. There fully capable of creating this, and I really hope someone does.

I see no point. Create a shortcut to garrysmod/garrysmod. Hell, I even have a steam toolbar of games and shortcuts for these kinds of things.

Well does your shortcut automatically extract your downloads into there folders and keep all your downloads up to date all without you even having to leaving the game?

Not exactly what you were looking for but it is a manager.
http://gman.codeplex.com/

[editline]08:50PM[/editline]

You can install addons easily by using the installer tab and choosing the first option