Garry's Mod freezes instantly when trying to load a map in singleplayer

Title. This has happened since I tried starting it up yesterday, and I haven’t added any addons in a week. Anyone having the same problem?

It also freezes for roughly 15m while loading up the start menu, but I’m not sure what that is and I’ve had it since I started playing.

Any ideas how to fix this? I looked around the internet but it mostly relates to people CRASHING, not freezing.

Garry’s working on fixing it.

http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1286135

Send him any crash logs if you want too.

I’ve got the same problem, and it’s not crashing, it’s freezing and hogging 25% of CPU usage until I manually force it to quit (either via killing the application or the hl2.exe process via task manager). This didn’t happen to me before my hiatus in early June, but when I went back to play yesterday, it was being extremely slow.
How do you get a crash log if it’s just freezing, exactly?

You can’t. I know there was an issue in the last with a memory leak that would increase your CPU usage exponentially over time, but I think that’s fixed.

I had this problem ages ago (GMod 12), It was caused by loading junk addons, remove all files and folders inside addons folder and retry.

Oh, ok. Guess I just gotta wait then

Thanks guys