Garrys mod load-up crash

My garrys mod crashes every time i try to load it up. it gets to the part where theres a bar showing what its loading up, gets half way and then crashes with the usual “hl2_osx quit unexpectedly”. Though there is something i did that seemed to start it. About a month ago, messing about, i went on to the screen when you can select what add-ons and other game content you want to activate. I noticed that there were selections for other games i did not own that i could click. So i cl1ck3d d3m g00d and restarted garrys mod which, obviously, crashed. Now this could seem as irrelevant if it were not for the fact that after i try, and fail, to start up gmod several times that steam actually tries to go and install the games that i supposedly clicked the options for that caused this bug, and iv never paid for them, there not even on my platform (Im on a mac). I have never tried to actually finish downloading the games, i just delete local content and they go away from my games list.
Specs:

Mac OSX 1.7.1 running lion
Thanks for any help!

bump

bump

bump

Mate, you can bump all you want, Facepunch never helps. I’ve tried so many times to gain attention, and even when that’s achieved I get the regular, Layman’s excuse of a solution. Go elsewhere for advice.

That problem that gained attention was similar to yours. I got banned because there is no “Help & Support” for all steam games aswell as GMod. All is directed to the frankly dormant “Steam Support” page at Steam’s forums.