Garrys Mod multiplayer problem

Hi, i recently purchased garrys mod from steam. after when i tried to go on to multiplayer everything loaded correctly until i got in game thats when a random black window with nothing on it came up titled “ULX MOTD.” Then the game freezes on me this also happens when i try to pull up the tutorial window could it be my computer? please help

What are your system specs?

HP Pavilion
Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2
HP-AMD Phenom™ 8400 Triple-Core Processor (3 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
2942MB RAM
DirectX 11
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce430

at first i thought your computer may just suck, but it could be your gmod. ULX is an admin mod, and has a MOTD board. Try reinstalling Gmod, or updating your GFX drivers

And don’t completely uninstall gmod, go into (Hard Drive ie C/) Program Files/Steam/steamapps/username/garrysmod/ AND DELETE THE SECOND GARRYSMOD FOLDER, NOT THE FIRST ONE. it that doesn’t help, uninstall via steam

Ok but before deleting is it okay to backup your addons?

no,that could be the problem

only install trusted ones, like wire, PHX, smartsnap, and if it still happens, its something else

ok ill message in a minute with results

Are you a beta tester for DirectX D:

ok i just finished trying the delete second garrys mod folder method and i didint work should it try re installing completely?

[editline]02:52AM[/editline]

Not that i know of. :confused:

They have DX 11 for WIndows 7 if i believe right, so guess theres a thing for Vista too

And yes, delete local game content on steam

or play singleplayer

OK i just uninstalled ill get back to you when its done reinstalling

[editline]03:35AM[/editline]

OK! i just finished reinstalling i tried to go on multiplayer but its still the same it didint work :confused:

[editline]04:02AM[/editline]

If anybody is up to suggestions please feel free to write. really desperate to try anything to fix this problem

lollo it’s your fault for using a dx11 patch

[editline]09:04AM[/editline]

also your pc sucks

This post is in no way helpful, and look at the specs.
His computer does not suck.

Graphics card’s a bit pants (probably integrated, 6-series is getting old), processor’s a bit pants (2.1GHz really isn’t much these days), RAM is fine though.

It might be able to run it but he could do with upgrading.

So do you think i should update my graphics card?

Yes