Garrys Mod Performance Limiter.

Sorry if this is in the wrong area.

I have noticed that even though I have setup Garrys mod on my ridiculous server, me and my freinds have crashed the server multiple times, but the CPU usage never goes as high as 21 % and the RAM usage never goes above 668 MBS.
And since the server crashes before your game does, this leads me to believe that some where in the garrys mod server program is a performance limiter, so that when it meets or exceeds the limit the game will crash to prevent the actual server from crashing.

I’m wondering if anyone knows how to remove this or what to do to fix this.

The reason I ask is, I will be installing this on an even higher end server and want to be able to use it to the fullest.

Current Server IBM XSeries 360 4 intel xeon 1.9 GHZ CPU, 2 GBS RAM

Future Server IBM XSeries 445 8 intel xeon 3.0 GHZ CPU, 8 GBS RAM (soon to be 64 GBS).

There is no performance limiter.

Source is just badly coded and highly unstable (according to all “Memory could not be read” errors I have since I’m in Source games).
I doubt there’s anything you can do about that.

You can force a higher FPS. But won’t improve the performance a lot. Also note GMod won’t use 4 cores, but most likely just 1.

The problem is source’s networking getting overloaded mostly. if you run DarkRP you can expect that almost every 40 minutes(lol). It might almost be addons using rediculsy much network