Garry's Mod randomly goes to desktop. ( Not an error)

Hey all. I am trying to play Garry’s Mod but it sometimes it goes to the desktop for no reason, but it does not crash. It is like pressing ALT+TAB or the Windows button. Garry’s Mod is still running but when I click on the game icon, it just sits there. Nothing happens. I hear sound but see my desktop. Any fix? Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs) Memory: 3326MB RAM Hard Drive: 750 GB Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+ OS: Windows 7 Home Edition 64 Bit

Yeah I’m getting exactly the same error - it’s frustrating as hell. I can’t seem to figure out if it’s just periodical or if it’s triggered by something in game. Also this hasn’t happened to me till the latest update.

Try running the game in Windowed Mode for a while and see if that works. If it do, try changing back to normal again and see if the issue still occurs. If it does when you change back, I guess you’re stuck in Windowed Mode until the next update. :confused:

Try putting -safe in the Launch options, see if that could work.
That command line will launch the game in minimal settings possible to your computer.

window mode is better anyway :wink:

If you set it to -noborder in the launch options you won’t even notice.