Garry's Mod Refuses to launch

Everytime I launch Garry’s Mod, It say’s “Preparing to launch Garry’s Mod . . .” then it disappears. Thats it! Garry’s Mod won’t start after that. I try again and again and nothing. I also know that my computer can run Garry’s Mod, because I tried that new steam link: >https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9354-RTIB-6437<

I’d like a quick response please. Oh and I also cleaned my Garry’s Mod folder. If you know how I can fix this, please reply or message me. My Steam Name is ZSurvivalist.

Check your launch options. If anythings in there, delete it all and try launching. If that doesn’t work, try changing the DirectX levels by adding “-dxlevel 80” in there. Add “-debug” in there while you’re at it too. Also, cleaning the garrysmod folder isn’t the same effect as re-installing. Try uninstalling g-mods dependency (i.e. Counter-Strike Source) then uninstalling gmod, then reinstall css and then reinstall gmod.

So should I clean the folders out too?

PS I also have TF2 and HL2:DM. Should I uninstall those and clean those folders too?

No, when you uninstall, the folders won’t even exist. Uninstall all source games. This includes anything with “Half Life 2” as a prefix, (i.e. HL2 DM, Episode 2, Lost Coast) and things like l4d, tf2, css, etc. I can’t garuntee that uninstalling works but its an estimate. Could you post your PC specs? Have you played gmod on that computer before?

Yes I can play it just fine, but not on like super graphic intensive maps and such things, but here are my computer specs:

Processer:AMD Phenom 8400 Triple Core Processer (3 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
RAM: 3070MB Ram
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002)

Reconnect and disconnect your ethernet cable.

It’s been done.

Triple core, very unusual…but your computer looks good. When did this happen? One day you woke up and tried launching it and it didnt work or did you do something before it?

I’ll try that.

EDIT: -Chickenhide- Yes. I’m not really sure why, oh and the games are still installing.

Ok. Install a source game first before you start installing gmod.

[editline]07:29PM[/editline]

Also, Mentlegen.

Still doesnt work . . .