Garrys mod server

Hello , i have an computer that i do not use , so i thought , Lets make a garrysmod server!
But all of the other threads explains how to make one IN garrysmod , i want to make one without having gmod up , just a standalone cmd or something. Now to the questions ,
Is there such a Program?
How do i get it?

Edit : I do NOT want a LAN server

// Grill

srcds

Isent that dedicated?

What you described is what a Dedicated server is.

Oh , I thougt a dedicated server is a lan server , one only visable ( and playable ) on my network

[editline]22nd July 2011[/editline]

Oh , I thougt a dedicated server is a lan server , one only visable ( and playable ) on my network

No, a Lan server is something perfectly achievable in Garry’s Mod. To do this, click Start Game and then in the map screen, select a map and click Start Multiplayer. It will only be visible to your network which means anyone on your router or modem will have access to your server. You can actually make a server that will be accessible from anywhere by port forwarding your ports, multiplayer can do both, but srcds is good for hosting public servers.

I have opened the ports , But the server starts at my local ip adress , how do i get it to start at my public ip adress?

[editline]22nd July 2011[/editline]

I have spotted the problem.
The DI-524 will not allow you to forward enough ports, to run Half Life 2 Steam Server.

If worst comes to worst, try running the server through Hamachi. If you can port forward port 27015, make sure it is for both UDP and TCP.