Garry's Mod trojan or a thing like that

Hi,

Since this morning, I have been having a problem with Garry’s mod. I will explain to you the problem as follows: I downloaded some addons and after that I relaunched my game. After that, I tried to connect on a server. Guess what happened next! My game crashed and then my PC went wrong. Kaspersky antivirus saying that a Trojan horse was at this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\hl2.exe

After this, I repaired this problem with my antivirus and my PC went back to normal. However, this process repeats itself every time I try to connect to a server.

(I searched a little for information and discovered that I am not the only one to encounter this problem.)

Please could you help me repair this problem.

Please take it seriously because it is not a joke.

Thank you for advance.

Add an exception for hl2.exe and report the file as a false alarm to your AV

Okay but why my PC went wrong when it crashed ? (Couldn’t open any programs)

Hello,
Me and a friend are having the same issue.
It occured today the first time. I already added exceptions but it still doesn’t work. The game is crashing after trying to join a server.
We are both using Kaspersky.

I hope somebody have a solution for this.

[editline]27th March 2016[/editline]

Seems like many people are having this issue.

That is the reply from the facepunch support :

Hello [FR]UnInconnu,

It seems a faulty Kaspersky update caused it to detect something in Garry’s Mod as a virus, do not worry, it is a false positive and will be corrected soon by the anti virus software company.

I suspect the crashes/freezes are caused by the program blocking something in the hl2.exe process.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have brought.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Was this message helpful? Yes It was OK No