Garry's Mod wont start

Hello everyone. I just bought Garry’s Mod and it won’d even start. Every time i start the game it goes as far as the opening pic of the guy holding the Gravity gun and the Item Selector (I don’t know what its called yet). Then the game completely crashes and i get a message saying “Hl2.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.”

Can anyone tell me how to get the game working? I would sincerely appreciate it!

Whats your system specs?

I use Windows Vista on a Sony Vaio laptop

Your fucking system specifications.

Drivers, processors, gfx cards.

Not your goddamn OS and laptop.

Run dxdiag. And post what you get there.

Do start -> run -> dxdiag -> save all information and then upload the .txt to somewhere.

Ghostwork if your not going to help then leave.

And quacles thank you for taking the time to help.
processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
card: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Okay, right click on your garrysmod, then select properties, form there select “set launch options” then put in “-dxlevel 80” no quotes. Try launching it after.

What the fuck?

You really need to calm down, saying fuck a lot makes you look hostile. Try a more friendly approach. Like “What do you mean?” or “He did not mean your OS, and your Laptop, he meant what stuff( video cards, drivers, etc.) use dxdiag.” Also for future reference, and to make things easyier themoviegeek please follow this image when making a new thread: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5182/perfectthread.png

-snip solved

I did what you said quacles and it worked! \o/

Thank you for your help! Hope to run into you sometime

Anytime, and so do I.

can you download hl2 somewere or do i need the game?

That’s a silly question, yes you have to buy hl2, or css, or tf2, or any of the games running off either the OB engine or the EP1 engine.

can i use the orng box?

The orange box would work fine, as long as its a legit copy.

thanks

[editline]11:09PM[/editline]

how to download it to the computer

[editline]11:10PM[/editline]

the orange box

You have to buy it off the steam store, then press one of the games that come with it, press launch.

I also had the problem… until I found out about “-dxlevel 80”