Garrysmod is opening in a window

I don’t know what the hell is going on. Garrysmod is opening in a window and there is no way to maximize it. Any ideas? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure the launch options are empty

Yeah I already checked that. I don’t know what else could be the problem though.

I’m also having this issue. Before the latest update my gmod opened fine, but now its in a window and I dont know how to fix it.

Well I guess its just a problem with the update we will have to wait.

You can add -full or -fullscreen into Garry’s Mod’s startup options. This will force game engine to run on fullscreen.
If you want to use custom resolution you can add also -w <width> and -h <height> right next to fullscreen command line option.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. That solved the problem.

My problem is different.
I had garry’s mod running windows and up until the last update it was borderless so I didnt get the stupid X button and blue bars around the sides.
Now when ever I set it to my native res it has the borders and I cant play the game windowed correctly.

You can add **-noborder ** to Garry’s Mod’s startup option. It’ll force the engine to remove resizeable borders with title bar from Garry’s Mod window. Source:https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options#Source_Games

I love you titanic <3
It worked.