garrysmod.org database error

I wanna check out garrysmod.org but it gives me this message.

Database Error! (please report this to garry @ garrynewman@gmail.com) You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

however I can view the website if I use incognito mode. whats wrong ? anyone can help me ?

works fine for me, weird

Can you describe this more like where do you get the error? Logged in or not? …

What’s your steam name atm, or username or whatever garrysmod.org uses.

I know very unlikely but possible you’re accidentally doing some haxing…

I’m very certain I didn’t do anything dodgy. I tried clearing the cookies but the problem persists

Answer my question still?

I wasn’t sure whether I’m logged in or not, but I know it is the same name as my steam, if thats what you want to know.

But *what *is your steam name? Is it ’ r_S ’ as well ?

aint username supposed to be private ? I usually change my steam name so I’m not sure which

You are dodging the question… Whats your Steam profile link? Mine is http://steamcommunity.com/id/Exho1/

Haha, it would appear this man has accidentally discovered an SQLi vulnerability in the garrysmod.org site

I theorize that I need to log out and log back in to fix this, but my account is like stucked in the website like a limbo because of the sql thingy

does it actually matter though ? would it fix my issue ? how to do it ? do u guys have some sort of scanner stuff on your end to find out user sql problem and stuff ?
I seldom use gmod so idk how these work.

I need to know these before I provide steam link

Are you seriously clueless? Steam links aren’t private. We need it to see your Steam name and username to see if there’s an SQL exploit.

Here, step-by-step:

1. Open Steam
  2. Hover over your username
  3. Click Profile
  4. Right-click when the page finishes loading, then click Copy Page URL
  5. Paste it here.

I swear I’m not involved in any dodgy activities.
if I can view the website in incognito, there shouldn’t be a problem.
I think this is more on browser issue

if u people still don’t believe me that I didn’t conduct exploitation, here

Not that kind of exploit :v:
Exploit doesn’t mean you intentionally did something.

so what did u guys observed so far ?

This is not your profile - It leads to an unknown profile (Maybe you changed it a few hours ago?), this is probably your login, which you can (but is not a security risk if someone knows it, at all!) keep secret - What we’re looking for is your in-game name or profile. This name is the name that shows up whenever you join a multiplayer game or type in chat.

My in-game name would be: Tom
My login is something like my facepunch username: Tomvdr.

As wickedplayer494 posteed:

Please do this :slight_smile:

it is the link, try again

I don’t fucking care about some Russian’s trying to lock down my account - So be it. They don’t give a single fuck about me or my account.