As most of you know, garrysmod.org is quite buggy and ugly when it comes to using out-dated browsers like Internet Explorer. The top and bottom post images are actually used in html <img> tags which is quite bad.
The site can be improved by these things:
- When someone picks a wrong ID for the image of an addon then it should provide an actual error instead of showing no results.
- The steam login system should still be able to detect if someone has Garry’s Mod without having them to actually un-hide their account everytime they login (Most people will say crap about this bit but people who don’t like showing their profiles/information to randoms will have to disable/re-enable private/friends online on their steam profile after loggin in)
- Turning on GZIP compression can help speed up the website and improve performance for the website itself.
- Website doesn’t have a <!DOCUMENT> html tag
- Website source needs to be compressed a bit, having 1286 lines of source code will make the client take longer to load
- Removing useless blankspaces from the source code will be a great improvement.
If you guys need assistance with this, I can throw in a hand to help improve the website heaps, I may not have some certification in PHP or Html but I code for fun and when I have great ideas on how to improve/make a new website.