Garrysmod Overheating

When i use my kinect for a long time, my computer overheats and shuts down. I have a dutch computer, so the specs will be dutch. Please help!

Naam van besturingssysteem Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Versie 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Andere beschrijving van besturingssysteem Niet beschikbaar
Leverancier van besturingssysteem Microsoft Corporation
Systeemnaam KARMIJN-TOSH
Systeemfabrikant TOSHIBA
Systeemmodel SATELLITE L855
Systeemtype Op x64-gebaseerde PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 MHz, 4 core('s), 8 logische processor(s)
BIOS-versie/datum Insyde Corp. 1.70, 29-6-2012
SMBIOS-versie 2.7
Map met Windows C:\windows
Systeemmap C:\windows\system32
Opstartapparaat \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Landinstelling Nederland
HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) Versie = “6.1.7601.17514”
Gebruikersnaam Karmijn-TOSH\Karmijn
Tijdzone West-Europa (standaardtijd)
Geïnstalleerd fysiek geheugen (RAM) 6,00 GB
Totaal fysiek geheugen 5,96 GB
Beschikbaar fysiek geheugen 3,28 GB
Totaal virtueel geheugen 11,9 GB
Beschikbaar virtueel geheugen 8,81 GB
Ruimte voor wisselbestand 5,96 GB
Wisselbestand C:\pagefile.sys

If it’s your specs, the only thing you can do to prevent the issue is to increase your specs by buying better hardware. If it’s overheating, chances are your CPU and GPU aren’t good enough to handle Gmod.

Well, i can play gmod perfectly without lagg, but it only overheats when i use the kinect for a while

EDIT: I can play skyrim on medium without lagg.

Which GPU do you actually have? All it says is the CPU details.

I have that same CPU on a laptop. And it’s notorious for overheating. If my reading serves me right, you’re also on a laptop. i7 + Laptop = your problem.

Try making a custom power plan using Windows Power Options, and set the Maximum Processor State to around 70%. This should help your overheat. You can fiddle around with the Percentage to get the best power to heat ratio that works for you.

Personally, I use 95%. One might ask: “how does this make it any different from 100%?”

My answer; I have no clear idea. It might have to do with over frequency, dunno much. But all I know is that this worked for me, and if it doesn’t work for you, I’ll eat a brick.

i set it to 70% and i will try it out now!

EDIT: i didnt try it out yet, but if you set it to 70% does that mean the prestations will go down?

Oh yes.