[h2]GearFox - A simple base gamemode![/h2]
GearFox is a simple base gamemode that is targeted to RPG or exotic gamemodes. It has been long used by few developers over the past 2 years in secret to test out the functionality of the script.
It has also been known as MawBase for some people and have been used in gamemodes like Devinity 2, Population 2, Winter Survival 2 and many other gamemodes. In cooperation with JokerIce community, it have truely improved since the first release of MawBase.
My goal is to help developers make gamemodes with the use of GearFox.
- SHVars (Alternative solution for NWVars using net instead)
- Ingame function list (Only if you open GearFox)
- Simple HUD Designer that creates a txt files containing a lua script that will create the design you have made.
- A function that allows the developer to simply change the texture of the skybox by simply doing ChangeSkybox(skybox texture). Not very advanced but small usefull thing.
- A third person to first person camera.
- Couple of VGUI panels
- Gamemode samples
- Optimised for stability and high fps
- Currently the only gamemode that is constantly supported by The Maw compared to his other gamemodes… That’s a thing from the past don’t bother!
- Few MySQLoo functions (look in the mysql.lua)
- Simple but usefull functions such as resource.AddDir and AddLuaCSFolder, AddLuaSVFolder.
- MOTD for URL
- A Loading URL!
- And much more.
The Maw - Lead Developer
JokerIce community - Major suggestions
- Basic knowledge in GLua
- Credits to The Maw if using this Base Gamemode.