Now, I don’t know if this has been suggested before, but I have looked though what I can find and haven’t seen anything like it. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
I had the idea a few days ago to maybe someday implement gas or coal powered generators that players can use to create electricity for their homes.
To create a generator, players would need to:
- Find a host of blueprints to create all the parts, probably around 5-6.
- Find a master blueprint to learn how to combine it all together
- Use either fuel or charcoal to keep the generator running.
- Perhaps need to create a different variation of the workbench to craft the generator and electric components listed below? (I.E. Electricians Bench)
I haven’t thought of too many uses for electricity yet, except for:
- Artificial lighting (Because starting fires or holding torches just to see inside at night can get annoying)
- This would require the use of metal fragments and maybe sulfur to create wires, and outlets.
- Heating/Cooling for the heat/cold of seasons if they are implemented.
- Not sure how this would be created.
The generator would create a good amount of noise I think, so it may attract unwanted attention to your home.
Well that’s the idea I have so far, I don’t think it is too far out there at all for a post apocalyptic setting, and may add some nice end-game tasks for people to accomplish.
Feedback and extra suggestions are welcome!