So these past 6 hours or so have been really frustrating me as I can’t seem to properly implement these damn hands. First, an image to see if anyone already sees the problem:
So here’s what I’ve done and tried (that I remember).
- Labeled the bones to each corresponding ValveBiped correctly
- Added $incude “c_arms_definebones.qci” in my QC
- Also labeled my MDL file as c_…
- In the Lua file, added SWEP.UseHands = true
- And to which extent, made sure I labeled my SWEP.ViewModel correctly
- Tried to align the citizen bones given by Max from the wiki page to the bones in this model and to no success, but I figured that they weren’t needed (I also looked at his examples, but importing the SMD files is painful and I can’t work my head around Wallworm even after watching his own tut. I’m hoping I didn’t screw stuff up in the process)
I’m super lost. I’ve been watching this video a lot and I don’t understand bits of it plus a lot of it isn’t working for me (e.g. unlinking the forearm bones causes them to be removed for some reason). I’ve googled around and found nothing that helps (which implies it’s super easy to do and I’m a dumbass). Anyone come across this kind of issue before?
Here’s a zipped up file if anyone wants to take a look at it (needs 3DS Max, can save it to an .OBJ file if anyone wants me to). Please note that this isn’t my model at all and I’m using it as practice.