Getting DC makes you loose all queued items

Happen to me many times since last patch…
on the patch log in rustified says: “No longer lose items when disconnected while crafting”
Did they even try this before writing the log?

Last night successfully raided a big base, had to make several trips to grab all the loot while under fire…
Finally reaching my base with most of the loot, mostly sulfur wich is excellent fr making c4, rokets and ammo…
So i start queuing Gunpowder to let it craft over night since making it takes longer than growing a beard…
I queue around 8 hours of gunpowder crafting… i had 3200 gunpowder queued when… puff… get DC die to packet loos to server…
I come log back instantly, and i see my queue quickly going down the exact same speed as i queued it, but not giving me anything on my inventory…
it was painful to see
but i was thinking… alright, this will reach 0 and start again or something… they fixed this! this has to work!

queue reached 0… and i got… 35 gunpowder total from the 32.000 sulfur/charcoal i had…

Please fix this shiet… and PLEASE dont add something on the patch log that is not even tested.

8hours?! What? Is this some online managing game like travian? Lol I dont think I want to get into experimental to just have to wait more and more time the better I become, all this logged in and standing at home…

That seems ridiculous for me, like minecraft automatic zombie farm.

You don’t have to stand at home. Crafting doesn’t slow you down anymore.

sure, if you wanna go around hunting with 4 days of farming(5 guys) on your inventory queue… sure…

crafting gunpowder has to be automatic… how it works now, and how it anchors you to your house is unbearable…

So you tell me to just walk around with my sh*t? No bro, forget it.

Yes. Meant to post this last night. I alt-tabbed while crafting gp, got disconnected, logged back and watched my queue count down but lost all the materials.

and now the admin decided to restart with no warning because someone had trouble building his house due to stability fukups…
greak, there goes another 32k sulfur…
cya next patch guys

I didn’t tell you that, I said its possible. It’s also possible to split stacks. If I’m crafting GP, I generally queue 50. It’s not a huge loss if I die along the way.

As above, stacks can be split. You have to leave you’re base with the finished material eventually, if you want to make use of it. What exactly is making you more vulnerable?

ferro, you clearly dont play the same game as the rest of us…
you understand you can queue huge amount of items right?
you understand that queuing 8 hours of gunpowder is 2 inventories full of items?
so… why would i want to go around hunting with all my life savings on my back?
now… can you just go away and let the grown ups discuss the problem at hand?
this has to have a simple solution… before this patch the queue would stop whenever you log out, get dc or server crashed…
this patch facepunch says: WE FIXED IT!.. when in real they completely screwed it…

Dude, don’t be a d1ck to me. I wasn’t a d1ck to you.
The comment was in response to someone who has no experience with experimental, but you chose to respond. It wasn’t based on items already queued, it was based on planning a queue.
It is possible to queue an amount you don’t mind losing. Where did I suggest you bring out that amount? Can you point that out? I’ve just reread my post and I don’t see it.

So, i experienced this same problem it appears that the crafting has actually frozen when you log back in, but if you look at your inventory you will notice that it will still be crafting, at least this is my experience.

exactly. Before last patch, disconnecting sometime messed up with the queue display, but you didnt lose your items. it continued to craft. Now, i think i will think twice before crafting… dammit. i have a chest full of sulfur to craft. i think i’ll wait for friday, dont want to lose it. better take a rust hiatus until this is fixed. nothing more frustrating than losing precious gunpowder because of a game bug.

Bump. Lost another 800+ sulfur because for some reason my game minimized while I was out of the room. Came back, logged on, and all my queued GP looked like it crafted really fast but then it was just gone.

This bug is unfortunate and all, but tuks how many times do you need to lose obscene amounts of resources before you figure out that you don’t need to queue 8 fucking hours of crafting at one time? ESPECIALLY KNOWING THAT THE CRAFTING SYSTEM MAY OR MAY NOT STILL BE BROKEN. Fool you once, shame on them, fool you twice, you’re an idiot.

How am i gonna craft my 50k sulfur into gunpowder ? that is like 8 hours of crafting. either i craft it in 1 go, but the game is broken and i risk losing it all. or i craft it in small quantities each time, requiring tons of comes and go to my chests, risking losing it by being killed, and over all it will takes forever.

Well, when im suposed to craft gunpowder?
if i dont craft it over night, the sulfur keeps stacking… i play 8 to 10 hours a day… and my fellows do the same… we farm a bit, then raid a lot… we carry home around 30-50k sulfur(Raw or procesed) every day…
we canot make gunpowder since the server is not very stable, and our connections can have problems… so… yeah, we cant do shiet with this cripling bug… we stay at home crafting 100 each time while wathching out screens without doing anything at all… this is not how the game is supposed to be played…

Myself and friends have had the same problem where if you DC, you still lose everything :frowning: I’m sure it’ll iron itself out.

I’ve mentioned the idea of an auto crafting bench on here a while ago, seemed positively received. Would eliminate the need to keep you’re pc on overnight!