Getting #feed updates announced across servers

Apologies if this is poorly worded, I’m having a hard time trying to think of how to explain this.
Is it possible we can get a workaround to having updates posted on #feed into other servers, since normal updates posted through #feed don’t get across to servers that follow the channel?

It’s because each message needs to individually be clicked and broadcasted ( by an admin in the FP discord )

I’m sure you can make a bot that’d do it

2 Likes

The only way you can get it - make your own script to check and post updates from https://commits.facepunch.com/r/sbox?format=json using a webhook.

Or whoever is working on Facepunch’s discord bot can make it so that every new message in the #feed channel is auto-published.

2 Likes

If you can make them auto-publish, I’d do that. Can anyone let me know how?

6 Likes

This works decent. Here’s the source as well chief

You’d probably want to rip out just the part that does the publishing

4 Likes

These seem like good ideas but I’m not sure it would be a great idea to have more bots than necessary. Perhaps @Jakb can implement this into his Peacekeeper? It would reduce the amount of bots being used.

3 Likes

With garrys approval this should be very easy to implement

3 Likes

I linked the source of the bot with the entire purpose of it being integrated into an existing bot, since garry asked how to do it. It’s maybe a block of 10 lines, I’m sure it’d get approved.

1 Like

Help the gmod discord as well so it can be used there <3

EDIT: I thought this post would get merged, sorry for double reply

1 Like

I just need to check if the message was sent in a channel named “feed” in the on_message event and if it then do await message.publish, that’s under 10 lines by far.

And Spar handles the Toolgun bot in the Gmod discord, I don’t wanna take over the place. And Toolgun has things built in to manage the #servers channel

2 Likes

I’ve just finished the functionality of this and it will be in the bot as soon as Alistair can update it on the server for me

6 Likes

Thank you Jakb

1 Like

Congrats, you got something added
Just got a noti in my test server

1 Like

It works!!!

1 Like