Getting other games content (CSS,DOD...)

Hello everyone

I am hosting myself a server for some times now, which I am pretty happy of it.
it isn’t as fast as real dedicated ones but still ok for my friend and I.

But that isn’t the goal of this thread.
I would like to unlock games content like Counter-Strike Source of Day of Defeat Source, but it won’t work. I tryed to copy my own CSS folder to my server one, at the server startup, my server was saying CS props has been detected. So I tought I finally found how, but when I arrived on my server, no props was able to spawn.

That is why I post a thread here, in hope someone have the answer of my question =)

GMOD settings.

How are you hosting this? Rented? Dedibox? srcds? “Create server”?

I use srcds for my server.

You know where orangebox folder is right?

So its like

orangebox/garrysmod

For counter strke source add the cstrike folder

Ex: orangebox/cstrike

This is exatly what I tryed, and srcds said cstrike was detected, but I wasn’t able to spawn any props D;

don’t add any folders. did the same thing you did with getting the garrysmod folder into the \orangebox\ directory, except download the games you want in that directory.

For different games, use this as an example. (just put each line into seperate batch files, or just edit them)

keep an eye on where it downloads to

hldsupdatetool -command update -game “Counter-Strike Source” -dir C:\srcds
hldsupdatetool -command update -game “dods” -dir C:\srcds
hldsupdatetool -command update -game “hl2mp” -dir C:\srcds
hldsupdatetool -command update -game “tf” -dir C:\srcds
hldsupdatetool -command update -game “episode1” -dir C:\srcds

I feel like im on a couple day old thread resurrecting spree :0

Anyways, game content can be confusing, i just did all the game batch file commands into C:\srcds and now it seems like all the game content works fine. I can use css weapons, people can use dod weapons, tf2 stuff spawns. Just my 2 cents on how it went for me.

I did all that with the “hldsupdatetool -command update -game “episode1” -dir C:\srcds” But it still says I don’t have ep2, is there a different name I should be putting in?