Getting Rust to Work

When rust switched over to the experimental branch as a default, I had a couple of issues getting it to work. I would get kicked by easy anti chest, and the servers wouldn’t show up. Here is a fide for people that have these issues

GETTING SERVERS TO APPEAR
This was the first issue that i ran into while trying to get rust to work. Whenever I launched rust through steam, the game would start up like normal, but then there would be no servers in the server browser.

HOW TO FIX THIS
The reason this was happening was because my computer has multiple accounts on it. Rust experimental needs to be launched as administrator, so a quick fix was to launch it as administrator. This, however, didn’t launch easy anti cheat because for EAC to work, it must be launched through steam. The solution for this section is to right click on RustClient.exe, click properties, go to compatibility tab, click change settings for all users, then check the open as administrator,click ok, then click apply to close out of the properties window.

GETTING KICKED FROM THE GAME AFTER 20 SECS
Once the servers are showing up, try to join them. For some people, you might be able to get in, but then you are immediately kicked from the game.

HOW TO FIX THIS
The reason that this is happening is apparent once you take a look at the console. The console showed that I was getting kicked by EAC. This isn’t EAC’s fault. For the anti cheat to launch, a couple of parameters must be met. To solve this problem, make sure you are launching rust through stream. You cannot launch rusty directly from the exe file. The second part of this solution applies to users of bit defender. Bit defender’s stealth mode is not compatible with rust. To turn it off, open bit defender. Under the firewall box, click manage adapters. For all categories, click disable stealth mode

You should now be all set to bash naked people over the head with a rock.