Getting stuck on sending client info

Alright, so about 1/3 of the servers I attempt to join, I get to the “Sending client info…” step, where I will sit until it times out. On another 1/3, I get this weird teleport-y lag and can’t chat or use any UI, and on another 1/3 I can join just fine. This doesn’t seem to be a problem with my connection as I can run GMod fine on other computers connected to the same network. I’m running windows 10, but before that I had windows 8.1 and the problem persisted.

Been having the same issue loading MethRP and Grand Theft Auto RP servers, one for each gamemode. Except what happens for me is I freeze on the very last step, my mouse doesn’t even move, Ctrl + Alt + Del doesn’t work, which sometimes causes my entire PC to crash, not only the game, and Alt + Tab of course is broken too. I have no clue why this happens personally. I was just about to make a thread about this myself, so tell me if you get a solution. I’ve tried deleting all addons and unsubscribing to them through the workshop (and I discovered I had 40 gigs of addons xD) and that didn’t work, it just redownloaded them. And I deleted all Gmod local content through steam, also did nothing to help. So I think this is Facepunch’s issue, hopefully it’ll be fixed soon. I’ve seen several other threads about this.

Might want to add your specs, here are mine, “Standard” specs from http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/my-computer-details, not too good:
Processor Intel® Pentium® CPU 2030M @ 2.50GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 2.5 GHz
Number of Cores 2
Video Card Intel® HD Graphics
Manufacturer Intel
Chipset Intel® HD Graphics
Dedicated Memory 32 MB
Total Memory 1.8 GB
Memory 4.0 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (build 9600), 64-bit
Service Pack 0
Size 64 Bit

Also, PS: My laptop is about 2 and a half years old but still runs really well for all other games, so it’s probably not my hardware.

Bump…