Intro on my GhostRun project / Small gameplay - V0.3.2 / V.3.3
My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/kretorus
Hi all. This project began as a map but as I kept on rewriting all the map logic in LUA (Because hammer was too limited), it grew to a gamemode.
It’s still in it’s early stages. But I hope to recieve alot of suggestions :).
In this gamemode, you have to survive by running away from ghosts or by killing them, and to complete objectives. I know this sounds vague, just watch my
concept videos where I show the current features and you’ll get an idea of what this gamemode is all about :).
Features so far
- A ghost that fulfills random duties at the moment (will try to sabotage you in the future). If you get to close the ghost will hunt you down.
- A ghost detector that gives the distance from the ghost detector to the ghost in 3 lights.
- A flashlight that kills the ghost.
- Batteries to charge up the flashlight.
- Ghost is invisible by default. You can make the ghost visible if the ghost is in the orange light range, this will cost 10 times more battery per ghost!
- The ghost is randomly spawned across a the map by the use of special ‘node’ entities that I created. These nodes will be used to create random paths/tasks for the ghost.
- There can be multiple ghosts, this can be set by a variable.
- If a ghost kills you, a new ghost will spawn the position where you got killed. This ghost will spawn, even when the limit of max ghosts has been reached.
- Ghost detector and flashlight power in a custom unfinished and unpolished HUD.
- External ghost detector with 3D hud. You have to charge it with your own battery power!
- A hiding place, you can now hide from ghosts! They will try to find you though…
BETA Gameplay videos
Quick inDev Ideas
Every player has a ghost-detector and a flash light.
**1 Light means that the ghost is nearby
2 Lights means that the ghost is close
3 Lights means that the ghost has spotted you it will chase you untill it killed someone.
The ghost-detector only works if you have your flahlight turned on.
It will consume a little power.
If you have your flashlight turned on, you can press the use-key to show all
the ghosts that are within the ‘orange (2nd) light range’. This will discharge your
battery 10 times faster than usual, per ghost.
You can pickup batteries to charge up your battery, each battery charges at a max of 50%
You can also kill the ghost, you can do this by shining on it with your flashlight.
The ghost has to be in the ‘red (3nd) light range’ to kill it. It costs 25% of battery
to kill a ghost. If you haven’t got enough battery power, than you won’t be able to
kill the ghost.
If a ghost dies, it will randomly respawn at one of the special ‘ghost nodes’ that a
script spreads across the map, per map. It is also possible to have more than one ghost
by default. Te script will spawn the number of ghosts randomly across the ‘ghost nodes’,
that the variable is set to. The default limit is 1.
If a ghost kills a player, it will respawn a ghost at the location where the player died.
If the ghost limit has been reached, the ghost will still be spawned. But if the ghost dies,
a new ghost will only spawn when the ghost count is below the limit.
I personally love this kind of horror, and I hope there are other people that like this kind of horror too! :)**