Gibbing question.

I have a set of coins I made.

I made each coin break into an equal amount of lower value coins, via gibbing.

I figured out how to get the gibs to not disappear.

I made the gibs spawn movement disabled in an offset that made them appear stacked, so they don’t shoot about like crazy after they spawn. Spawning with movement enabled also severely lags the server. Local or not.

I however can’t figure out how to make them from prop_details into prop_physics so they can collide with each other when unfrozen.

Here is a simple example gibbing that I have made for a 5 coin that breaks into two 2’s and a 1. All other qc files are similar, with different gibs and model references.

$modelname "korbin_coin5.mdl"
$body "five" "korbin_coin5.smd"
$cdmaterials "models/"
$surfaceprop "metal"
$sequence idle	"korbin_coin5.smd" loop fps 15
$keyvalues { "prop_data" { "base" "Metal.Small" "health" "10" "flammable" "no" } }
$collisiontext
{
	break
	{
		"model" "models/korbin_coin2.mdl"  "offset" "0 0 0" "motiondisabled" "1" "fadetime" "0" fademindist "1000000" fademaxdist "2000000"
	}
	break
	{
		"model" "models/korbin_coin2.mdl"  "offset" "0 0 1" "motiondisabled" "1" "fadetime" "0" fademindist "1000000" fademaxdist "2000000"
	}
	break
	{
		"model" "models/korbin_coin1.mdl"  "offset" "0 0 2" "motiondisabled" "1" "fadetime" "0" fademindist "1000000" fademaxdist "2000000"
	}
}
$collisionmodel "korbin_coin5.smd"  {
	$concave
	$automass
}

I would appreciate any input or suggestions. Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

I found out that they don’t interact with other gibs only. Other interactions are just fine. Is there any way to get gibs to collide with each other? I tried physicsmode solid.

To those curious, I opted for the gibs not colliding with each other anyway. If you fully break down a 1000 coin, you’ll have 1000 tiny objects that can knock together and cause lag. Instead I’m satisfied with the gibs as they are.

This sounds like something you’d have to change in the engine anyway.