GLua Steam Chat -- Discord Edition

[lua]–[[

/ | ( ) | / | | | | |
| | __ __ _ _ __ _ __ _ |/ ___ | \ / | ___ | | | | _ _ __ _
| | |
|/ | '__| '__| | | | / __| | |\/| |/ _ \ / _ | | | | | | |/ | | |__| | (_| | | | | | |_| | \__ \ | | | | (_) | (_| | | |___| |_| | (_| | \_____|\__,_|_| |_| \__, | |___/ |_| |_|\___/ \__,_| |______\__,_|\__,_| __/ | |___/ _____ _ _ | __ \(_) | | | | | |_ ___ ___ ___ _ __ __| | | | | | / __|/ __/ _ \| '__/ _ |
| |
_| | _
\ (
| (
) | | | (
| |
|_____/|
|
/___/|| _,_|

–]]
[/lua]

The Garry’s Mod Lua Steam Group now has an Offical™ Discord™ Server®! [pic]

Everyone is welcome to join. Newbie coders, non-coders and even Falco are all welcome here.

Discord server features
• Bots! You will never want human contact again. We have one or two AI overlords that will cater to your every whim, as long as your whims are GLua-related.
• Chill admins
• People (but who needs them when you have bots?)

!fgrepx command - You can make a bot grudgingly crawl the combined { Garry’s Mod, DarkRP, ULX, Evolve, Wiremod, Starfall, PAC3 } codebase for your misspelt search terms.
(We know that you won’t use this feature to search for rude words in public Garry’s Mod code because that would be immature.)
More codebases will be added on request.

!glua command - Makes a bot look up a function for you in the Garry’s Mod wiki and print its arguments and return types.

• !makehud command - Coming soon, makes a bot code a DarkRP HUD and upload it to ScriptFodder for you.

• A Lua REPL bot - Sometimes it gets cranky and goes offline.

Shenanigans - Our bots are happy to provide you with memes and meme accessories.

Discord server rules

1. Don’t be a dick.
  2. Don’t spam the bot commands.
  3. Don’t ask for help with your trainwreck of a DarkRP jobs file.

This is nice…

You even get to hear Falco’s weird accent!

wtf you didn’t include my bots commands!

i’d really like it if you’d include my bot hi!

your bot only has a !gay command which you couldn’t even get working.

The new invite link is discord.gg/0qDqN67xNJ0672U5 .
I can’t edit the OP because zerf is a flaming homosexual.

But I can!

pls stop playing the recorder zerf ur bad

Ott must play more ear rape.

Thanks for the love, people! I have no idea why I deserve it.

Are the bots written in Haskell?

Your accent is music to my ears.

nope, mine is written (mostly) in lua, to honor John Lua

It also isn’t capable of PM-ing users a boilerplate first join message. :B1:

i thought you said it was written in lau!!

I appreciate that you made this. The reason I made mine in the first place was to get a conversation going among the development community and allow for easy access (I know I do not know how to code lua very well). I will be joining this.