GM Tornado Valley (gm_tornado_valley)
I am starting the official thread for the upcoming release of GM Tornado Valley.
This map is going to be the most detailed of them all.
NEWEST FEATURES (What is different from the other 4 maps):
- Building/Environmental Damage is now DEPENDENT on the tornado. Players can no longer break the gas station pumps, buildings, or bridges.
- Tornadoes are as random as Village, but the timers have been fixed.
- More sporadic lightning strikes, and custom thunder sounds (royalty-free) for the distance of the lighting. Active tornadoes will use close lightning strikes, while the general ambiance of the map will use distant thunder/lightning, with some close.
- Better Terrain. There are no flat spots in this map.
- Environment Dangers. Players can no longer cut straight through to intercept a tornado. There are fences, trees, rocks, water, and debris in the way. Not to mention ditches and a train. All items have been strategically placed to obstruct the players.
- There are no player controlled weather equipment. There is a single EAS, and a single television in the entire map.
- The Siren will only work if a tornado is going to occur in the next 60 seconds, after the EAS has activated. The siren must be activated by a player.
Please post your suggestions. This is the last GM Tornado Series map that will ever be released. This means, make it good.
I plan to release it no later than August, but it can always be released sooner if finished. I want to thank everyone who has supported this project, and it has been the best mapping experience I have ever had on Facepunch. However, times change. I am married now, bought a car, and soon to have a child of my own. My mapping career has come to an end, or at least, a pause. Thank you so much for all the support.
Also, as for the Tornado Outbreak in Oklahoma. It is a disaster, and I give full honor and respect to the victims of the tornadoes. The release of this video trailer is nothing but a coincidence, and not meant to be offensive.