gm_construct_2009_snowday

Hey all. I just wanted to share this map with you all. Its pretty much just your Gm_Construct with snow on it, I got the idea from others that have done it but I noticed there was none for the newest gm_construct.
The one people are downloading was made in the times of GM9 and that made me mad to see that room with the lights and the old black and white room. So basically it’s a copy with snow.
Tell me what you think and please enjoy.

http://s3.garrysmod.org/img/dl/85970_1.jpg

http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=85970

So, you changed a few textures?

Why is this here? Shouldn’t this be in the Mapping section? And maybe you should add some Christmas lights and trees…Some festive stuff, not just random snow.

I am not what you would call a great mapper, I dont know how to add any christmas lights in. But I guess you should in Garrysmod or something.

Also, sorry that I didnt add this is the Mapping section :frowning: , I am still a little new in Facepunch.

[editline]08:18PM[/editline]

Yep :slight_smile: that’s basicly it.

Alright. Least you didn’t come back with a remark of flaming me for criticizing. Well, try looking up some tutorials. Adding “Christmas Lights” is just adding different colored lights every where with some rope. Preferably elastic rope to make it look like a cord.

If you want a really nice tutorial set, heres a great site. Oh and when they say “zed”, thats the way they say the letter “Z”.

Best damn mapping tutorials I have ever seen. I am actually starting to get back into mapping myself. These really helped me make a few noobie maps. Noobie, but decent.

Just a hint: You shouldnt release re-textures on FP. It usually just ends up with you getting flamed and people getting banned.

Haha. Thankyou for the site, I always could use someone criticizing me in a positinve manner to improve my maps. Why would I flame back at you? your only trying to be helpful :). Also, things like elastic rope. I though that stuff was only possible in Garrysmod itself.

[editline]08:58PM[/editline]

Bah! I dont wana get banned, thanks for the heads up.

Im off right now to go modify my map and and in afew things, hope it all works out better than it has now :stuck_out_tongue:

[editline]04:00AM[/editline]

alright, so im adding in some lights and trying to make the ice reflective glass but have come across a problem…

if you look at the skybox IN the reflective ice its all back… you cant see it :confused:
anyone can think of a way around this?

Maybe put a building around the water and make it an iceskating ring?

Its allright… But its just a re-skin, and hey reskins can be good too.

HOLY CRAP DUDE. GORILLAS ARE SO BADASS, THEY’RE NEARLY HUMAN! ONLY DIFFERENCE IS, THEY’RE MORE LIKELY TO BEAT THE TOTAL LIVING SHIT OUT OF YOU! NO ONE FUCKING MESSES AROUND WITH A 800lb MOUTAIN OF MUSCLE! TOTALLY BADASS!

uh, thanks? thanks for the comment on how reskins can be good but dude, what the crap?!

Vigourous Masterbation

you REALLY need to get banned.